SL55 Insurance questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JRH30

Car
SL55 AMG
Have had my SL55 sorned for the last 6 months and want to bring it out of hibernation for 1st April. My current insurer have tighted up their rules and will not accept the modifications so need to find a new insurer a bit more flexible. Any suggestions?

Get a quote from Priviledge Insurance and A-Plan brokers.
Adrian Flux will insure modified cars but I won't recommend them myself, although others may.

Whats the problem with flux ? I have just had a good quote from them . But i did notice when it came in to my email box , that a few things were missing on the policy . Like windscreen cover missing and courtesy car also missing .These two i was told were included in my price . I need to phone to morrow ..

Whats the problem with flux ?.

To cut a long story short(er), a few years ago, my son in law insured a black Mazda MX3 which subsequently seized its engine. He managed to find another identical car, same colour and year and advised Flux of the change in vehicle and the new registration. He opted for a paper certificate, and he failed to check the details of his new vehicle. His fault which he admits. The certificate showed his old car and registration.

Fast forward to one evening he is pulled up by a police check and advised he is driving an uninsured car. Despite showing regular monthly payments and a current certificate albeit for an exact car, he was taken to court and fined quite a bit and given 6 penalty points.
Flux didn't want to know, refused to accept they had made any mistake and put all the blame on son in law not checking his new certificate.
They didn't even have the decency to refund his premiums paid for a car no longer in existance (the car was scrapped)
So, no, on principle I would never have anything to do with Flux.

To cut a long story short(er), a few years ago, my son in law insured a black Mazda MX3 which subsequently seized its engine. He managed to find another identical car, same colour and year and advised Flux of the change in vehicle and the new registration. He opted for a paper certificate, and he failed to check the details of his new vehicle. His fault which he admits. The certificate showed his old car and registration.

Fast forward to one evening he is pulled up by a police check and advised he is driving an uninsured car. Despite showing regular monthly payments and a current certificate albeit for an exact car, he was taken to court and fined quite a bit and given 6 penalty points.
Flux didn't want to know, refused to accept they had made any mistake and put all the blame on son in law not checking his new certificate.
They didn't even have the decency to refund his premiums paid for a car no longer in existance (the car was scrapped)
So, no, on principle I would never have anything to do with Flux.

Shit!!!! All calls are recorded take it further Rog!

Call records were checked Abs. Conveniently nothing was found that implicated Flux.

Its water under the bridge now but I don't forget these things:D

Adrian Flux. At least **** Turpin wore a mask. Their attitude towards cancelling a policy is nothing short of daylight robbery. I sold a car, 3 months into a 12 month policy that had an annual premium of £258. I was refunded £68. Those maths don't really work do they? The interweave are full of similar stories.

A good premium is not necessarily a reflection of a good insurance company.

+1 Chris Knott been with them for quite a few years now

Having to look around for Insurance quotes on wifes cars. One of them is with A Flux, I spoke to them yesterday asking if I could have a quote on the car for me alone driving but I will not be the registered keeper & that I am already on the car as a named driver. I have 10yrs NCD,sitting, this needs to be used by mid May as it was from a policy I cancelled in 2016, if not used by then I lose it. They came back with quite a high quote , (£77) higher than my best quote. He explained that wife will get no refund on her policy , fair enough ,but kept on asking why I did not want to change the V5 into my name , I explained that this car was a gift from me to my wife last year on her birthday & its her car, he could not understand at all & became quite abrupt about it. I said my wife is "Having" to give up driving due to ongoing health problems & I do not want to start stripping her of all her etc, especially gifts, the only reason I am insuring the car is she enjoys being taken out for rides in it with the roof down etc. He came back with another quote £30 less expensive & asked Why did I not want to take it out ? I just said I prefer not to...I should have said what an arrogant twerp he was & couldn't sell drugs to a junkie but I felt it was not worth building the BP up.
Swiftcover have given me a reasonable quote & Saga the dearest...Classicline are by far the most thorough form I have ever filled in in my entire life, I would imagine the entry form for a job at GCHQ would be less thorough! So another reject for Adrian Flux here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom