SL55 - is my suspension too low?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There are some available on ebay, however they state that they are for a 2010 car. Is that part number an updated number??

Part with the VIN says NLA.
The newer part looks very similar though.

I'd check with one of the Indy guys who will know if it is the same size.

Part with the VIN says NLA.
The newer part looks very similar though.

I'd check with one of the Indy guys who will know if it is the same size.
Thanks for looking. The problem I have is that the local indie I used for the health check told me that the car DIDN'T have lowering links - I don't have a lot of faith in them now!!

I did speak to another last week when I thought that it didn't have links, to ask if they could code it higher using STAR. They said they couldn't, but that doesn't mean that they wouldn't know how to do the links.

Or, perhaps I should just buy new adjustable links and set them to stock height....

Just tried my main dealer and the part is no longer available. Part number is A2303200089.

Looks like I'm going to have to get some new adjustable links and try to set them to (almost) stock height. Any suggestions on the best place to get them, would prefer to avoid eBay if possible in case the quality isn't great?
That’s really surprised me. These are known to be problem on cars with Airmatic so I’m surprised that they’re NLA already.

I’m surprised too, as these cars are really not that old and I’ve bought some for mine in the last year or so. I also tried to get front mats for mine and was told NLA. 🤬

@hedgehogsdad did you sort the drop links/ height issue... ?
am thinking of lowering my SL55 at some stage .

@hedgehogsdad did you sort the drop links/ height issue... ?
am thinking of lowering my SL55 at some stage .
No, not yet. I have new links for the front but just haven't got around to swapping them over. The car drives fine on the existing links but they are (I suspect) too corroded to allow me to adjust them so that the car rides slightly higher. I just have to remember to raise the car when I take it anywhere where I might have an issue at the front end.

I'll let you know when I get round to changing them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom