Sl55 limiter delete.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Edgun

Car
vxr 8 sl55amg
As above guys what's involved in taking the 155 mph limiter off? Might want to take it on closed roads/tracks.

Remap and delimit via the ecu

Yes it would be done with Developer mode (VMAX). It's not technically a delete limiter, the setting is just changed to a different max top speed.

What Rating are your tyres?

Thanks for that. I hear what you are saying on the tyre front.at the moment rated to the spec of the car which is 155mph.what do I need to go to if I decide to change the top speed?

ZR already fitted, thought the 55 was capable of more than that ?

ZR already fitted, thought the 55 was capable of more than that ?

Unless you mean the top speed of a standard SL55?

I would guess in the 190s with long enough run way.

Has a standard SL55 / E55K ever been known to hit 200mph?

Yes it would be done with Developer mode (VMAX). It's not technically a delete limiter, the setting is just changed to a different max top speed.

What's this? You can change the limiter with Star?

At an indie?

Unless you mean the top speed of a standard SL55?

I would guess in the 190s with long enough run way.

Has a standard SL55 / E55K ever been known to hit 200mph?

Don't think so , it took Matt a 2 mile run on the autobahn and a map to 670bhp in his cl65 to hit the double ton.

Well, the Alpina B5S (blown V8) is running at 530BHP / 700NM (iirc) and those are in the 190s as standard (194mph I think).

However, given the air is quite thick at that speed - what feels like "loads left" may run out quite quick.

Saying that, mine as standard running 173mph at Vmax felt like it had a lot left.

Need more room than 2 miles though...

Well, the Alpina B5S (blown V8) is running at 530BHP / 700NM (iirc) and those are in the 190s as standard (194mph I think).

However, given the air is quite thick at that speed - what feels like "loads left" may run out quite quick.

Saying that, mine as standard running 173mph at Vmax felt like it had a lot left.

Need more room than 2 miles though...

B5 BiTurbo 198mph 540BHP 730NM

B6 BiTurbo 199mph 540BHP 730NM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom