SL55 Super Charger Oil!?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

karozza

Car
SL55 AMG/C180 K
I cannot find Mobil Oil Jet II here which is what mine requires. A friend of mine has a Kleeman SC on to his CL500 fitted by Kleeman in Germany & they recommended a Synthetic Compressor Oil (ISO VG 80) by Volvo which we can buy here.

Will this be good for my SC??

Attachments

• image-556619341.jpg
    image-556619341.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 5
Supercharger oil is so difficult to pin down that I would search on the make and model of the supercharger and not on the fact that it's fitted to a Mercedes. This isn't an Eaton super charger is it ? What ever type it is, if it's also fitted to a Volvo then this oil should be OK. Due to possible differences in orientation what you can't necessarily do is assume the fill volumes quoted in other applications will be the same.

According to research, the SC ON THE SL55 is made by IHI & the amount needed is 150ml.

You can get Mobil jet II from any aviation supplier, there are plenty on-line. It usually comes in a 1 US-quart size tin, price is around £12.

Alternatively you can go to your automotive supplier who will happily sell you the same stuff repackaged and rebranded as "supercharger oil" at 10 times the price.

SLKNick said:
You can get Mobil jet II from any aviation supplier, there are plenty on-line. It usually comes in a 1 US-quart size tin, price is around £12. Alternatively you can go to your automotive supplier who will happily sell you the same stuff repackaged and rebranded as "supercharger oil" at 10 times the price.

The Volvo(picture) oil is readily available here at a very reasonable price too, just don't know if this is Ok for my SC!?

I could not find an airline supplier who would sell just 1 quart & the ones I found in eBay were about £13 & another £17 to get here in Malta!

Apparently, the original oil supplied by MB is part number; A 000 989 6201.

Has anyone bought this from MB??

Apparently, the original oil supplied by MB is part number; A 000 989 6201.

Has anyone bought this from MB??

That oil is NOT for the M113k engine there is no oil recommended by MB for the charger on our engines prompted by this thread I read a very long thread on MB World and that oil is for the M271 engine i think. The chargers for the M113k are deemed sealed units and non serviceable. Ultimately you're only option is the Mobil jet oil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom