SL55 suspension collapse. Urgent help please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveandemma

Hi all
I have been having a suspension issue with my SL55 for a few weeks now. previously it would collapse over a short period of time but you could still start to drive and it would pump itself back up. or you could use the suspension raise button to lift it back up. unfortunately tonight neither of these methods worked. It did not rasie itself and the suspension raise button on the centre console did nothing. I get on the dashboards "stop car to low" and "drive carefully" all the time now. I guess its now time to replace the parts. For the record it is the passengers front suspension. Any advice appreciated. Steve

Hi all
I have been having a suspension issue with my SL55 for a few weeks now. previously it would collapse over a short period of time but you could still start to drive and it would pump itself back up. or you could use the suspension raise button to lift it back up. unfortunately tonight neither of these methods worked. It did not rasie itself and the suspension raise button on the centre console did nothing. I get on the dashboards "stop car to low" and "drive carefully" all the time now. I guess its now time to replace the parts. For the record it is the passengers front suspension. Any advice appreciated. Steve

Steve have you done a search on your suspension issue9i know the earlier s classes suffer abc problems perhaps your sl has a simular set up/

I have done my research yes. I was just getting other peoples views. I know they often suffer from front collapse. Cheers

Have you pressure washed it recently ?

I had a front strut drop on my S500 and it also not raise. The outcome was that the sensor on the wishbone got wet.

Once it was dried off, all was well.

I hope it's as simple as this.

LTD. Its has been getting progressively worse. I think its got a leaking valve.. Steve

Steve, best bet is a indi mate, you may have burn the compressor out as it had to work extra hard keeping the car up when there has been a leak.

I havent had the car long and still has a warranty (apparently). I have been having major problems with the dealer I got the car from, from day 1. They have been seriously avoiding getting the suspension issue sorted. I contacted them as soon as the suspension issue happened. believe it it not,the day after I purchased the car. They said they would sort it but have not.
They took the car to the garage that does the AMG cars for them. They said the suspension never collapsed when they had it. which is a load of boll**ks. It does it with me every day, and sometimes within an hour of stopping the car the suspension has dropped.

"I WILL BE NAMING AND SHAMING THEM" If they dont get it fixed this time. I have already said to them that I will be contacting trading standards about their really bad business ethics, or should I say lack of them. The dealer is in the Cambridge area. If anyone wants to know who they are message me.

I havent had the car long and still has a warranty (apparently). I have been having major problems with the dealer I got the car from, from day 1. They have been seriously avoiding getting the suspension issue sorted. I contacted them as soon as the suspension issue happened. believe it it not,the day after I purchased the car. They said they would sort it but have not.
They took the car to the garage that does the AMG cars for them. They said the suspension never collapsed when they had it. which is a load of boll**ks. It does it with me every day, and sometimes within an hour of stopping the car the suspension has dropped.

"I WILL BE NAMING AND SHAMING THEM" If they dont get it fixed this time. I have already said to them that I will be contacting trading standards about their really bad business ethics, or should I say lack of them. The dealer is in the Cambridge area. If anyone wants to know who they are message me.
If the car does indeed have existing warranty on it then by-pass the supplying dealer altogether & contact the warranty company asap.

Park it at the dealer first thing in the morning then collect it later that day.

Then you go in and ask them to look at it as it's been sitting out front all day and has dropped.

They needn't doubt you after that.

I need to get the warranty info from them as I dont have that either. They also said it had be newly motd which it had'nt. The guys there are a bunch of tossers. I can tell you now they are defo messing with the wrong person as I dont take **** like this for long! Steve

LTD. I have taken pictures of it and shown them. I am losing my temper with them!.. really badly now. Will be an interesting conversation I will be having with them tomorrow.

I need to get the warranty info from them as I dont have that either. They also said it had be newly motd which it had'nt. The guys there are a bunch of tossers. I can tell you now they are defo messing with the wrong person as I dont take **** like this for long! Steve

Hindsight i know but for future reference don't take a dealers word for it & dpart with any cash/do a deal until you have proof of mot/warranty(is it not illegal for a motor trader to sell a car without mot?)

Hi. It had an mot but not a new one like they said. Steve

It is very likely that youy have pressure issues with the ABC system. It needs proper diagnosis with a Star. Pressure sensors and pumps are a common cause. I diagnosed one on saturday that needed a pump.

The garge it went to, to be fixed has star...

I think your are right. I have spoken to them again and i'm going to see them tomorrow morning. They said to me that they have already spent over £1000 at a garage just to try and get the engine management light to go out. I told them from the start it was the pump. They changed the sensors and relays and it still has not gone out. I said that this is not my problem and that i'm not part of that dealership/Garage chain. They also said that the warranty the car has does not cover suspension problems. The Guy at the dealership said if there are any problems with the car to let them know asap as they didnt have time to sort them out before I wanted to collect the car. I thought to myself that is fine (As you would of course). I reported this suspension issue the morning after I purchased the car as it collapsed right down. The **** is going to hit the fan tomorrow.

Hi Killer. They are on the outskirts of Cambridge.. The sell nice cars not just Mercs. I will be naming and shaming them tomorrow If my car does not get sorted when I go and see them..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom