SL55 Tuning - what do you recommend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supracat

SUPPORTER
Car
SL55 AMG
hi, what mods do you recommend for tuning engine for big power?

Visit MSL and let them loose on it.
Smaller supercharger pulley, throttle body and remap for starters

Coming from Scotland, BFT in Durham may be a lot closer and John is/was involved in a lot of the remapping at MSL.

Coming from Scotland, BFT in Durham may be a lot closer and John is/was involved in a lot of the remapping at MSL.

Cheers, i'll get in touch

^ With a 77mm pulley, remap and extra cooling you are looking at close to 600bhp on the M113k engine.

Split cooling is the recommended way to go, but a bigger chargecooler would help.

Member Cyclone1 managed over 600bhp out of his CLS55 without any extra cooling.

Now i might have dreamt this but........ Wasn't there a guy on here (Chris?) that ran a Black Cls MSL tuned with well over 600 brake? I could be wrong.
Tony.

Now i might have dreamt this but........ Wasn't there a guy on here (Chris?) that ran a Black Cls MSL tuned with well over 600 brake? I could be wrong.
Tony.

Not dreamt it and correct with the name as well. ;)

@ChrisA is the person you're thinking of, the car being "The Black Death" which was a name endearingly given it by @Lee C63 :)

It went a little bit over the maximum safe threshold of power and died a sad death unfortunately, as can be seen below. The car is currently awaiting a decision to be made on it's future but is in safe hands. It was, at the time, a very quick (200mph+) car and probably one of the quickest in the country.

View attachment 99551

And the wife says i dont remember anything!....Going for 2 out of 2 now was LeeC63 the guy who had a 700+brake S/C C63?.
BTW i could not get your link to work!;)
Tony.

And the wife says i dont remember anything!....Going for 2 out of 2 now was LeeC63 the guy who had a 700+brake S/C C63?.
BTW i could not get your link to work!;)
Tony.

Give that man a cigar :p @Lee C63 was one of the 1st (if not the 1st) C63 owners on here to have his 204 S/C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom