SL55 upgrades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zarnd

Car
SL55 AMG
Hi guys,

Thinking of doing some bits to my SL55. I spoke to Michael at MSL yesterday who was very helpful and was thinking of the following:

84mm pulley, kleemann headers, LSD and Johnson intercooler pump.

Been quoted, what I think is a good price for the work, and am probably going to go for the lot.

Just have a couple of questions really as have never modified a Mercedes before. I preume everyone has hd good results and no issues from fitting the above and also from using MSL?

Presumably the engine and gearbox are good for circa 600bhp (one owner car from new, 2004 with 38,500 miles on the clock)?

With new headers, remap etc...there aren't any reported issues with engine warning lights on later down the road?

cheers

MSL highly recommended.

MSL know their stuff on the 113 55K engine.

should be straight forward for the stuff you have mentioned

Have done similar to mine with pulley and remap. Decided to fit new Bosch pump as it is a direct replacement although much improved on old version. Also fitted IC Heat Exchanger just to make sure temperatures under control.

Have been looking at headers but as I have had my exhaust modified with the secondary cats and resonators removed would need to also fit sports cats and the cost would apparently outweigh the benefits. Unless someone can convince me differently!!

One mod I can recommend is having an LSD fitted. Makes a huge difference to the traction.

Good luck with the SL its a great car and I'm sure MSL will look after you.

MSL highly recommended.

Absolutely.

MSL know their stuff on the 113 55K engine.

Absolutely.

I'm sure MSL will look after you.

Absolutely.

I spoke to Michael at MSL yesterday who was very helpful

This is the bit that threw me. Who's Michael at MSL? :confused:

Seriously OP, you will get looked after there, and they will sort everything out for you, normally without issue, though if anything does go wrong they are very good at working things out and remedying them. No-one else does anything to my car apart from the dealer for routine servicing.

Michael is the "M" in MSL lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom