SL55 Upgrades

Discussion in 'AMG Lounge' started by Preston-m3, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Preston-m3

Preston-m3 Active Member

Car:
    SL55 AMG. BLACK.
    Hi, Could someone list any and all upgrades and modifications that should/could be done to an SL55 AMG to ensure it runs as well as possible and include what the benefit of that particular upgrade/mod is? I intend to hang on to my SL55 all being well for some time so would like to make sure I am doing the right things to it.
    Also, has anyone had a digital tuner fitted to theirs to allow the TV function to work now we no longer have analogue? If so what is required, anyone know of anywhere in the north west that can do this and what sort of cost would I be looking at?
    :thumb:

2. John

John Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    I wish.
    Depends what you mean by "runs as well as possible".

If you mean optimising longevity - fit an uprated intercooler pump and uprated heat exchanger to improve cooling.

If you mean modifying to improve performance - there are plenty of modifications although the most bang for buck will come from a modified exhaust, smaller supercharger pulley and a remap.

3. OP
    OP
    Preston-m3

Preston-m3 Active Member

Car:
    SL55 AMG. BLACK.
    sl55 upgrade/mods

Ok thanks. I was thinking more in terms improving or maximising reliability and pro active in trying to extend/increase this rather than performance. I prefer the stock feeling of a car especially the SL55 AMG, more than enough bark for me personally.

4. kopkid

kopkid Active Member

Car:
    w211 e55 amg
    I did the Mercedes kombi digital TV tuner conversion on my w211 amg,, I do have another spare tuner and complete wiring loom if you interested before I list on eBay

5. OP
    OP
    Preston-m3

Preston-m3 Active Member

Car:
    SL55 AMG. BLACK.
    Tv

Would it work in my car? Is that all I need to get the to digital and working?

6. kopkid

kopkid Active Member

Car:
    w211 e55 amg
    Yes that's all and it will give you both digital freeview tv and radio channels,, includes the new wiring loom easy to fit ready for conversion

7. kopkid

kopkid Active Member

Car:
    w211 e55 amg
    All original Mercedes parts

8. BenzedUP

BenzedUP MB Enthusiast

Car:
    NA
    I think if you're happy with the performance then just keep regular maintenance of both Engine & transmission, get the ATF changed, diff serviced.

The MB parts on your car is good enough to last for a long time if serviced properly & regularly.

1 person likes this.
Tags: