SL55 V8 Badge Measurements..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

B16REE

Car
SL55AMG
Hi,

Can anyone with an SL55AMG let me know the measurments of the "V8 Kompressor" badge goes from the vents and wings, as i need to fit them and want the OEM specs

Thanks

Can't help with the measurements for an SL, but having replaced one on my E55 can offer the following advice.
1. The 12 individual letters and numbers are supplied stuck on a backing paper. Stick masking tape along the front of the letters, and remove the backing tape. This will maintain the spacing of the individual pieces and you can stick them on in one go.
2. Do not put the characters 'Level with the ground'. They should follow the centre-line of the car. On most cars the back is slightly higher and should drop slightly towards the front of the car.

I made the mistake of thinking the car was dead level, and set them perfectly horizontal, which looks slightly odd. There should have been a drop of about 5mm towards the front of the car. PS Once they're on they are ON.

What do you need to know?

Attachments

• V8 badge clean.jpg
    V8 badge clean.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 17
cheers for the tips
@ Aitch55. whats the length from the top of grill to bottom of letters adn from the V (i.e the centre point) to the wing

OK, Will check when it stops raining, probably sometime in October :)

hahah! does anyone know who bought the K8 Brabus as i see that every saturday near me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom