SL55 Wheels Fitted - First Impression....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tudu

MB Enthusiast
Car
05 C200K Sport Edition (Kleemann)
What a saga. Got all the way to Sittingbourne, luckily paid by cash and not through paypal as the wheels were not what they were described.

I took them out of the guys garage and into the light, and lo and behold someone has sprayed them to make them look like black chrome as they are patchy, and there were runs around the tyre valves (dead giveaway), they have a couple of thin coats of lacquer on top which i will give a couple of weeks before the wheels start peeling. On top of that he drops one of the wheels face down on his driveway and scratches the face of one of the wheels, so one needs re-doing as its taking the paint and lacquer off.

Anyway's to try and keep this short, i ended up paying £350 cash (original price was £415.50) with the tyres which was not a bad deal given they are genuine AMG, and in the size i wanted.

My dilemma now is? do i have them re-done in hyper silver, or black gloss like the winter wheels on my C200K. Pics are below- sorry about the quality its been raining all day.

Comments most welcome.

SL1.jpg

SL2.jpg

SL3.jpg

SL4.jpg

SL5.jpg

NewShoes7.jpg

OzCar9.jpg

Last edited:
Still well worth the money - bargain!!

Probably worked out for the better, as they'll look great in Hyper silver!!;)

And ... Oh, those brakes.:cool: :cool: :cool:

Still well worth the money - bargain!!

Probably worked out for the better, as they'll look great in Hyper silver!!;)

And ... Oh, those brakes.:cool: :cool: :cool:

Must admit i shut my eyes when they tried a front and rear wheel on to make sure they cleared the calipers - lucky for me there's plenty of room given the front is an et30 offset, which is normally the rear offset for W203 C Class.

Thats a tight fit! Looks good though-well done. Sorry I didn't get free to see you today:(

Thats a tight fit! Looks good though-well done. Sorry I didn't get free to see you today:(

Thanks. I can get my thumb between the wheel and front caliper so picture is a bit decieving. Lucky i left when i did, as it rained like hell all the way home took almost 5 1/2 hours. I'm back at Maidstone Prison in May so might get a chance to catch up then (on the outside i mean).

I think if it were lowered a little bit it would make all the difference. Those wheels do suit the 203. I think you got a bargain.

Canary Yellow????

I think if it were lowered a little bit it would make all the difference. Those wheels do suit the 203. I think you got a bargain.

I may pick up the H&R springs this weekend. As long as it improves the handling, my comfort, and it doesn't cause my rear wheels to rub - that will be the next mod then.

Thats what I fitted to my 500 Tudu.... great ride and great look I think....

Thanks. Seen on your sig pics. Shame these were not genuine black chrome - so stuck as to whether to go silver or colour coded (Diamond Black) with a Silver polished lip.

Have you lowered your 500?

Being honest I like the last picture with the silver alloys :)

Not keen on the black mean machine but again appreciate your modding vision..

Agree the price for the wheels is still good, use them for a while until this cr@ppy weather improves and have them refurbed?

Maybe with a crome rim? I'm not sure

Good buy though

yep as I say with H&R.... I saw the wheels you won... I need a replacement rear as its ovalish.... like hens teeth to find a single rim...

Actually as your 200 is all black why not stay with the genuine AMG paint look on the 55....

My office is fast becoming a used wheel and tyre centre. The rears are Pirelli Zero but only one of them was any good, so i dumped it. The good one has 7mm of tread looks brand new and is 285/35/18 (me thinks). The fronts 225/40/18's have 4mm and 5 mm of tread. Would be willing to part with it /or all tyres no sensible offer refused.

Being honest I like the last picture with the silver alloys :)

Not keen on the black mean machine but again appreciate your modding vision..

Agree the price for the wheels is still good, use them for a while until this cr@ppy weather improves and have them refurbed?

Maybe with a crome rim? I'm not sure

Good buy though

Thanks. Yes, weather (salt) plays havoc with wheels. Happy to wait as at the mo the colour makes them look dirty anyway.

Just put new boots on mine T.... 235 front 265 rear... 285 would rub on a 209... What other sets of rims do yu have 4 sale?

Mandrus Millenium (Black 16 spoke) 18 x 8.5's, Mandrus Regenmeister 18 x 8.5 and 18 x 9.5, and i may be selling the black AMG III's (18 x 7.5 and 18 x 8.5) as my Kleemann TS-7's are going back on it when the weather gets better. The Mandrus will go quick as they fit Audi's as well, and it just happens that 4 of my tenants have Audi's.

The 285 is massive think its a tyre for SL55 owner. Thinking of having a piece of circular varnished wood made and using it as a coffee table in my office.

Ooops fogot. 2 x 235/35/18's Falken 912's not sure of tread but used on my C55 for about 6 weeks as rubbed tight bends and on full lock.

Last edited:
Canary Yellow????

What's wrong with canary yellow? It works on the race bike!
But I suspect that Hyper silver would be the right choice on your car!:D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom