SL55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, Cooper S, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
Now this I like:

2002 Mercedes SL55 AMG only 76k, rare Jasper Blue, BOSE, recent ABC pump, 493BHP | eBay

a lot.

A lot of the problem areas seem to have been sorted, at least partially, and the colour scheme is lovely. Only one jarring note; I think that all-black steering wheel spoils the interior a touch. That could be sorted for £250-300 at most, and apart from that - Monkey See Monkey Want...

Looks nice

Jasper Blue is not special order, in fact it was one of the most common colours of that era Mercedes, the W203 being the most popular.

Does look nice though, the R230 seems to get even better with age...

Not bad at all. I wonder what the reserve is? As they have covered the common problems so seem to have an idea what's what I suspect it won't be cheap. Not necessarily poor value mind, just not cheap.

Nice (wheels look good on it to)
Interior needs a thorough going through though....

PS, what would you change the steering wheel to. A matching wheel could be a bit bland......?

PS, what would you change the steering wheel to. A matching wheel could be a bit bland......?

Something like this, perhaps: Mercedes Steering Wheel R230 W209 W211 E Class CLK Sl New Recovered Tuning Grey | eBay

or maybe like this: 87K! MERCEDES R230 SL500 SL600 SL65 SL550 SL55 WOOD LEATHER STEERING WHEEL FEO | eBay

It wouldn't cost a fortune to have the leather on the second one redyed grey, and the black wood should tone in with the COMAND surround and instruments. Trouble is, I'd have to buy it and do it to see if it looked good....

Or maybe this one: Mercedes SL55 CLK55 E55 CLS55 Class Steering Wheel Upgrade Leather AMG | eBay

In fact, almost certainly the last one, I think, with two shades of grey leather.

Going well - up to £12,200 with three days still to go. I was considering bidding, but I think it will go for more than I'd be prepared to pay. If it was Tanzanite/Mystic/Azurite blue, with wood not aluminium trim, though...

As much as I love SL55's, this one does nothing for me - undesirable c class blue, grey interior, aluminium trim

Bid to £12.5K, but failed to reach reserve. Yet another disappointed optimist, then, but in a couple of months I suspect it will get there easily (unless the reserve was stupidly optimistic).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom