sl60 amg exhaust.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biturbo

Car
S600 BiTurbo, SL60 AMG, Landcrapper Disco, Merc sprinter, E320 D6.
Is the backbox of a sl60amg the same as a sl500?
Reason i ask is im after installing a back box from eisenmann and i was told its the same as sl500, eisenmann said they dont do a backbox for the sl60, but if its the same i can surely get the sl500 back box.

This has been discussed before, the standard SL60 back box certainly looks like the SL500 one but whether it's the same part number :dk:

ok, im looking under the sl60 today and the resonator looks shot, its rusty and looks like is flaking away. The muffler is battered but its been welded and is ok.
The whole exhaust system looks the same as this sl500 one, from the cats onwards its shiney stainless steel, dont know why the rear is so battered but hey ho.
Anyways, ive read many times about people removing the resonators and replacing with ypipes. If i bought the eisenmann back box and then got a custom ypipe to fit and replace the resonator so i can have the right diameter pipes to fit the cats and then the eisenmann exhaust, anyone see any problems with that setup?

Attachments

• mmycat.jpg
    mmycat.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 67
Just to let you know that my SL60 looks as though the exhaust is different to yours or has had the resonator box removed as the box above Number 38 ion your diagram above is not there.

I might still have the pics on my website here if that helps:
Picture 27

Might be some other exhaust pics there from about Pic 20 onwards I think on www.sl60amg.com

Hi rockits,
yeah yours has had the resonator removed. Mine is in a bad state and will need coming out.
My exhaust is whisper quiet. much quieter even than the s600 the exhaust that is.

If it's got the standard backbox (non amg) it would be quieter than a V12

thats what ive got, im sure of it. Even the datacard doesn't say nothing about amg exhaust.
It is zero noise, even when pressed. Trouble is the engine is so damn loud when the beans are on.
As there are alot of techs on here, does the exhaust have a stamp/part number somewhere where i can check it out. Alot fo people when i say sl60amg go dont do the part for that. Like when i got the some diamond black brakes and K&N air filters. Takes me ages of gathering data etc but i got there in the end with those 2.
s420 w140 is the same air filter as the sl60amg.

Like i originally said looking at getting same setup as acid has done on his e55, but mine being 2 instead of 4 exhausts at rear. the x or y pipes can be done by a spec just have to get the eisenmann backbox to be the right one to fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom