SL60 AMG just found out they only made 49!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bleazzy

Car
Sl60 amg
Is this true guys they only made 49 ! I am just fixing mine up after along time in the garage

they are very rare model double check all in order as it is worth restoring, put some pictures and registration, i am sure one of the guys can get specs for you

Possibly 49 made in RHD but I suspect a fair few more as LHD. Howmanyleft shows 52 licensed in the UK in 1999.

Look forward to seeing some more details and pictures!

I understood from my research about 300 roughly in Europe. 250 LHD & 50 RHD. So yes very rare. This doesn't account for any random odd examples that weren't recorded correctly/fully.

It took me about 2 months of work/research to get a letter of confirmation/authenticity from Mercedes CAC to agree mine was an genuine SL60. Although records suggested mine (well Jays now!) might have been done at AMG Japan rather than Affalterbach.

Paper records back then and a little flaky!

Ahh nice to know she is so rare she is rhd with 65k on the clock I am struggling with an ignition problem grrrr but have diagnosed it as ignition loom! Will add some pictures I have all original paper work since it left the factory only one previous owner

Attachments

• image-1420148414.jpg
    image-1420148414.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 35
Reg is M300 OMG

Attachments

• image-2127923379.jpg
    image-2127923379.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 43
Does anyone know if an sl500 ignition loom will fit an sl60 amg as I ve been quoted £2025.50

Attachments

• image-3869215911.jpg
    image-3869215911.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 37
Don't know for sure but thought they were the same.

Sorry about the back ground , not quite as setting as it should be! shes been sitting outside due to building work so thought good time to fix her up ,the only snag I can find is the ignition loom

I can't see why there would be any difference but the Mercedes garage said other wise but they also said that the gear box needed changing which turned out to be bull so saved £7000 by having it double checked by an old merc mechanic ! It was the ignition firing affecting the gearbox so have been worried to trust them anymore

what year is it as u can buy complete car 500 car for parts quite cheap

M plate & pre facelift so 1995 I guess.

96 model only need the electric seat control surrounds as they have some cracks looking to refurb the alloys as well

Ah, OK. Never seen a 1996 pre facelift before. Must be a late pre facelift and one of the last.

Well tbh I ve never really done any Research before on it ,but am enjoying learning! Like I say she has just been tucked away for ages with a car cover onit and when the misfire started we just packed her away with the intention of fixing it later ! Must admit would love to know all about them tho! So how many are known in rhd to be still going

Probably all of them or pretty much all. Can't imagine many have been lost.

Nice all round car. Quick enough, practical enough, no depreciation now, not ruinous to run, handle well enough, brakes a bit lacking and rare enough. Wish I still had mine.

Well I hope we don't have to part with it as we considered that when they said it needed a new gear box ! If the sl500 loom is the same I hope to have it out for summer! Does your friend who has yours now use it regularly ?

I can't imagine Jay uses it that much as he has a decent collection of Mercs. Worth keeping if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom