SL60 at MBWorld - interesting paint

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
What is this paint code?

Whatever it is it is stunning the way it changes from green to blue.

2015-02-22%2012.54.40.jpg

2015-02-22%2012.55.09.jpg

5k miles in 2 years? If I had that car I would be driving it alot more than that!

If recent prices are anything to go by they devalue by almost £1 a mile...

When I saw it in the metal it just looked metallic green.

Stunning car! I saw that a few weeks ago! I loved the exhaust tips on this....I believe they had 'eisenmann' etched into them.

Its Dans old car sold to a Mercedes Club Member.

Its called Designo LCP.

Thinking of doing my G wagen in it.

From my visit the other day , you can really see the flip going on.

Just stunning in the flesh !

Last edited:

Its called Designo LCP.

He was at your last GTG (the raining one) wasnt he?

I remember seeing the car there.

Its called Designo LCP.

I thought it was, stunning. It would look great on a G wagen. Short wheel Base ?

5k miles in 2 years? If I had that car I would be driving it alot more than that!

I've just noticed this thread.

I do like to drive my cars but there are a few reasons we hardly did any mileage in it. At that time I was working from home. I also had a serious mountain bike accident later during the year I bought it which put me out of action for months. We've not bought anything to replace it as my wife is no longer working/driving. I would have love to have kept it but we have no garage so I spent more time cleaning it than driving it. I didn't like leaving it like that and it didn't make financial sense to keep it either.

When I saw it in the metal it just looked metallic green.

It all depends on the light. In bright sunshine it would look metallic green and bright royal blue then in flat cloudy light it would tend to be mostly dark blue changing to a liquid dark almost black blue in the evening light. I've not seen it indoors so maybe it looks green in the museum. I keep meaning to travel down to for a look around while it's there if indeed it still is.

I've just noticed this thread.

I do like to drive my cars but there are a few reasons we hardly did any mileage in it. At that time I was working from home. I also had a serious mountain bike accident later during the year I bought it which put me out of action for months. We've not bought anything to replace it as my wife is no longer working/driving. I would have love to have kept it but we have no garage so I spent more time cleaning it than driving it. I didn't like leaving it like that and it didn't make financial sense to keep it either.

Apologies, I did jump the gun a bit. I should know better when it comes to being bound by ill health.

Hi Dan,

Were your ears burning earlier this week? I was talking on another forum to a friend of Sully's about something else, when the car came up and the penny dropped, so was going to drop you an email. You've answered a few of my questions above, and I'm still kicking myself, btw!

I have an AMG experience yet to be booked at Brooklands, so let me know if you are going down there, it would be to try and hook up.

Apologies, I did jump the gun a bit. I should know better when it comes to being bound by ill health.

No problem, I wasn't having a go. We could have kept it but decided not to. I put a lot of money and effort into it but still made a profit so was pretty happy. Whilst it's a lovely car to look at and a nice drive, one thing which spoiled the experience for me was that the seat wouldn't quite go back far enough for me to be comfortable ie if I put the seat back far enough the seat angle would be too upright and vice versa (I'm 6'3").

I subsequently thought about leasing a Golf R when the cracking deals were around but at the last minute checked our combined mileage for both cars over the previous year and it was quite a lot less than 5,000 so it didn't make sense. All we have now is a 2004 X5 with about 42,000 miles on it which is the car I've owned longer than any other. I keep getting the urge for something else but can't really see much point at present. I can't help browsing though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom