Sl60 x two £75k each

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skd884

MB Enthusiast
Car
c180 w204
Stunning -

1603187057707.png

Lovely looking cars. They are 500SL 6.0 not SL60's but essentially the same car.

Will need ongoing work and tlc being Brunei cars.

PeriodAngularTastic. Love it. Much prefer the Gen 1 kit on the 129 to the bulbus later kit.

Reactions: SG1
I love an AMG-kitted 129 as much as the next irrational person, but I'm out. You couldn't use them for fear of every mile hurting the perceived value, yet lack of use would cripple them. Destined to spend their lives sat under a cover in a garage collection, but if you're buying for investment there are perhaps better options?

I love an AMG-kitted 129 as much as the next irrational person, but I'm out. You couldn't use them for fear of every mile hurting the perceived value, but lack of use would cripple them. Destined to spend their lives sat under a cover in a garage collection, but if you're buying for investment there are perhaps better options?
At that price I fear that they’re destined to spend their lives sat with a for sale sign hanging over their head, which is a shame.

Both of those cars look fantastic - grey really suits them - makes me wonder why I can’t remember seeing a grey one before!

For those who want to see the detail:

1992 Mercedes-Benz SL - 60 AMG

1992 Mercedes-Benz SL60 AMG

I'll take the lighter "silver grey," rather than the "Agatha grey," purely because of the mid-grey interior, rather than black.

Depending on what I can find down the back of the sofa. If only I had The Staff to mount and remove the hard top every sunny day.

Seems like a lot of money, but isn't when you think that a very mundane multiple owner 1992 Porsche 993 on 100k would cost the same money

dsc_0857_22.jpg

Lovely cars but strong money. Value is determined by demand - I just don't think the market for R129s (even AMGs) is as strong as the one for 'classic' 911s.

Interesting that they weren't ordered with ADS. "AMG Sports Suspension" was a much cheaper option, certainly on post-facelift SL60s.

As an aside, I wonder where the cars have been sitting until now? They would presumably have left the Sultan of Brunei's collection a good few years ago.

I'm not sure they've even got the suspension pack - ride height looks the same as mine. The black interior one is definitely the better equipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom