Sl600 v12

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
just get one of the gypsys who come round here just before the winter and start mowing down the forests.
lol i have over 10 red woods in my garden, for those that dont know they grow over 10 meters high.

Following on from the above I had another company around today to quote for one, yes one day's work to prune, cut, drag (to the front of the house) and shred some tree branches and bushes in our back garden.

Three men and all the appropriate gear.

How much do you think?

I know from bitter experience how long it took us to do one row of random bushes - maybe 30ft long in a single line so I am not surprised.

£300?

Just to be a tease, one of you is very very close.........

£595

£1195?

I hope you remembered to get the quote from the guy with the SL :)

He walked around the garden, made a few notes, confirmed it would be three operatives for one day and said it would cost...

£1225.00 :eek:

Foolish man.

That's why he has a 6.0 litre car.

Did you laugh openly or just inside to yourself?

That's a different guy - he wants £550, which I thought was a bit rich until today.

I figured three guys at £150 each plus wear and tear on the equipment so £550 wasn't far off.

Not sure what the guy quoting £1225 was thinking, he must have plenty of work or council contracts.

Tree surgery is dangerous, complex, regularly re-trained work with expensive machinery to run with very regular maintenance due.
My guy would normally charge about £400 plus vat for two blokes, or £550+vat for three (one is the clearup/chipper guy). This is in Surrey though.
Sounds to me like the guy didn't want the job, maybe he couldn't be *rsed to drag the stuff around the front.
As for Sp!ke's £100 guy. Hmmm.
To hire a decent stump grinder costs a minimum of £80+vat a day, without the cost of cutting down the tree or geting rid of the rubbish.....

Try contacting your local council. Our local council will do domestic jobs - they send around the same people who look after the parks and open spaces.

Try contacting your local council. Our local council will do domestic jobs - they send around the same people who look after the parks and open spaces.

Thanks BD - I started there but they won't recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom