Sl63 centre lock black wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

db1

Hi,

I am considering an SL63 which has the satin black centre lock wheels. There are a few scuffs on the near side wheels. Can these be refurbed? They have the AMG logo on the rim which might make it more difficult. Are the regular tyre companies able to torque the wheels correctly or would it need to go to MB for tyres etc? Also can this be done without damaging the satin finish on the locking nut? Seems to me it might be chipped given the torque that would be needed. Any advice or experience with these wheels welcomed.

thanks.

Are you sure they are real centre locks? They are fakes on my S63.

No I am not sure. I just assumed they were! Like Porsche GTS etc.

Is that your S63 in your screen name? Looks great if so. I really like the white and black combination. From what I can see in your picture the wheels look the same. I will check.

They are fake.

Yes, that’s my car. I never thought I’d own a white car or have black wheels but it’s grown on me.

There is a soft part in the boot that acts as a spanner to spin off the wheel covers and reveal the nuts.

thanks everyone - thats cleared that one!

@C43AMG : I notice you have the Driving Assistance Pack, what are your impressions? Good/Bad/Worth it? I had Distronic on an earlier car, but not the other features.

thanks everyone - thats cleared that one!

@C43AMG : I notice you have the Driving Assistance Pack, what are your impressions? Good/Bad/Worth it? I had Distronic on an earlier car, but not the other features.

Great and worth it, i wont buy a cat without Distronic as i do lots of European touring.

I don’t have a cat, but I use Distonic plus a lot in my car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom