SL63 dyno & remap - MSL

• Thread starter Deleted upon users own request member 138506
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted upon users own request member 138506

Had her checked on the dyno & had a remap while i was there. Really impressed with Acid and his knowledge, wouldn't trust anyone else.
Just thought I'd share the results with anyone who is interested or may be thinking of going to MSL themselves. Please feel free to comment.
MSL DYNOJET SL63 AMG.jpg

@greenmanslk

If I'm understanding the chart correctly there is not much gain in max HP & Nm but the torque is coming in quicker (hp also but to a lesser extent) and the HP is staying at peak to around 6000rpm instead of dipping off from 4500 rpm while the toque still drops off at about 4500rpm? Just wondering what real word driving experience feels like?

@greenmanslk

If I'm understanding the chart correctly there is not much gain in max HP & Nm but the torque is coming in quicker (hp also but to a lesser extent) and the HP is staying at peak to around 6000rpm instead of dipping off from 4500 rpm while the toque still drops off at about 4500rpm? Just wondering what real word driving experience feels like?

I think he was taking the urine/being sarcastic

Odd that someone who is so precious about having an OEM windscreen, to maintain originality, butchers their prized car with a few lines of code, taking the engine outside it’s OEM parameters....

Still what the eye can’t see can’t devalue originality...

Odd that someone who is so precious about having an OEM windscreen, to maintain originality, butchers their prized car with a few lines of code, taking the engine outside it’s OEM parameters....

Still what the eye can’t see can’t devalue originality...
They're not butchers at MSL. Its a safe remap. Really happy with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is your 6.3 the Naturally Aspirated Engine or the 5.5 Bi-Turbo ?

Is your 6.3 the Naturally Aspirated Engine or the 5.5 Bi-Turbo ?

Won't be a 6.2 with those figures Peter. 530bhp at the crank is about the limit for the n/a engine without major work (and £££££).

It appears that both lines on the graph are remap lines, with one of them being the final map.

Many companies just flash a map on then send you on your way with a peak power increase. Others optimise the initial remap and hence you see gain throughout the range, smoother delivery etc etc

Because it shows and increase of 1bhp and the comment was referring to a massive power increase
Yes, little increase in bhp. Thanks, I know & get it. Basically he thought the remap wasnt worth it. It's interesting to hear differing opinions - the whole purpose of the post.

Besides I wanted it delimited so while the ECU was out it didn't take much extra to smooth things out and improve the torque in places a bit. Acid could have increased bhp more but recommended to keep it safe for engine longevity.

Why does Acid take the ECU apart?
My custom dyno remap and derestrict was done via the OBD port.
I was told that for my engine it was the only way it could be carried out. I am sure that if it could have been done very much easier via the OBD port Acid would have done it that way. Although i believe it is possible to change the VMAX from 250 to 300km/h via Star it is now fully delimited.

It’s as easy to clip out the ECU and most Tuners still do this with M157.

I was told that for my engine it was the only way it could be carried out. I am sure that if it could have been done very much easier via the OBD port Acid would have done it that way. Although i believe it is possible to change the VMAX from 250 to 300km/h via Star it is now fully delimited.
Mine too is totally derestricted. 183mph in 4th on the dyno. "Phil, why didn't you shift to 5th?" "Because your tyres are only rated to 186mph."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom