SL63 dyno & remap - MSL

• Thread starter Deleted upon users own request member 138506
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you have the M157 5.5 biturbo, the map is done through the OBD port.
I'm not disagreeing with you but I think I'll give Acid a call and ask why he took out the ECU. I'm just curious and trying to learn.

It says here...

How do I get a stock file for my car to go to the dealer with? Generally you would read the stock file, send it to Eurocharged, we will modify it and send it back. However, the 63 ECU cannot be read via OBDII so the device will only ID the car. Once you have this ID file, you send it to us. We will then match your stock software based on the ID file, attach it to an email and send it on the way to you. From that point forward, you load all tunes via the same method.To sum it up, the device will arrive blank. We will send all files via email for you to load / manage.

So based on the above I would assume that any modification would be to a generic map for the car

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't see my ECU removed and the Mercedes Me adapter had been removed from the OBD11 port so maybe I have jumped to the wrong conclusion about where the map was being loaded. Apologies if that's the case.

I believe on the M278 the ecu needs removing too!

M157 ECU can be flashed now via the obd port without having to remove for couple of years now as tuners have cracked the protected coding.

If tuners are still uneccarily physically removing ECUs for tuning when the coding has already been cracked to fully communicate via the obd port would be a concern to me.

GAD actually helped and were heavily involved to crack alot of the coding with other tuners for MBs to be able to be tune them via the obd port.

M157 ECU can be flashed now via the obd port without having to remove for couple of years now as tuners have cracked the protected coding.

If tuners are still uneccarily physically removing ECUs for tuning when the coding has already been cracked to fully communicate via the obd port would be a concern to me.

GAD actually helped and were heavily involved to crack alot of the coding with other tuners for MBs to be able to be tune them via the obd port.
Why is it a concern? If it’s safe to remove and literally takes seconds to do then it’s fine?

Think you need to check GAD uk v GAD as I don’t think they are the same company....

It’s the quality of the map that counts. Any muppet can flash genetic maps or bought in maps via OBD, just check Facebook, Instagram and EBay. Does the make them better tuners......better still most of them aren’t tuners or map writers at all, they just remove and stir the existing map, then upload pre made maps....

I didn't see my ECU removed and the Mercedes Me adapter had been removed from the OBD11 port so maybe I have jumped to the wrong conclusion about where the map was being loaded. Apologies if that's the case.
Will be because they check for codes prior to mapping, then plug in again via the OBD to view the parameters live once the map is installed and on the dyno.

Why is it a concern? If it’s safe to remove and literally takes seconds to do then it’s fine?

Think you need to check GAD uk v GAD as I don’t think they are the same company....

It’s the quality of the map that counts. Any muppet can flash genetic maps or bought in maps via OBD, just check Facebook, Instagram and EBay. Does the make them better tuners......better still most of them aren’t tuners or map writers at all, they just remove and stir the existing map, then upload pre made maps....

I know my MB tuners very well and know for a fact that GAD UK and GAD (Germany) are completely separate!

I have used at least three different reputable MB tuners both in the UK and in Germany on my AMG cars now up to stage 3 on two of the cars.

I think you are a bit of the touchy side here and have not correctly read my post.

GAD UK were heavily involved in helping to crack the codes for various MB ECUs so that full download of existing map could be downloaded FULLY via the OBD port and once adjusted and tweaked the tuned file can now be FULLY uploaded via the OBD port again. I did not say in my post that it was a "generic" map.

To me it is a concern when quality tuners can fully read, download and upload files to the ECU and on the other hand you have other tuners who have not caught up with being able to fully communicate with the ECU via the OBD port and are still physically removing ECUs and drilling into them or taking them apart to be able to communicate with the ECU unnecessarily.

I won't mention any names but certain reputable tuners have damaged customers ECUs by removing them as they have not been advanced enough to crack the codes.

I know my MB tuners very well and know for a fact that GAD UK and GAD (Germany) are completely separate!

I have used at least three different reputable MB tuners both in the UK and in Germany on my AMG cars now up to stage 3 on two of the cars.

I think you are a bit of the touchy side here and have not correctly read my post.

GAD UK were heavily involved in helping to crack the codes for various MB ECUs so that full download of existing map could be downloaded FULLY via the OBD port and once adjusted and tweaked the tuned file can now be FULLY uploaded via the OBD port again. I did not say in my post that it was a "generic" map.

To me it is a concern when quality tuners can fully read, download and upload files to the ECU and on the other hand you have other tuners who have not caught up with being able to fully communicate with the ECU via the OBD port and are still physically removing ECUs and drilling into them or taking them apart to be able to communicate with the ECU unnecessarily.

I won't mention any names but certain reputable tuners have damaged customers ECUs by removing them as they have not been advanced enough to crack the codes.
Did you say something?

Don’t take my post the wrong way and it wasn’t intended as a dig. There’s always someone with more experience, more cars tuned etc, won’t get into that but be also plenty of experience with many brands not just my last 3 AMGs they have been highly tuned.....

Your original so post inferred that tuners who don’t use OBD ports to tune M157’s, or that’s the way I read it and I disagree. It’s merely a method to tune, more important is the quality of the tune. Done so called “Tuners” aren’t what they proclaim to be. We’ll leave it there. As long as you are happy with the service you’ve received then happy days.

Did you say something?

Don’t take my post the wrong way and it wasn’t intended as a dig. There’s always someone with more experience, more cars tuned etc, won’t get into that but be also plenty of experience with many brands not just my last 3 AMGs they have been highly tuned.....

Your original so post inferred that tuners who don’t use OBD ports to tune M157’s, or that’s the way I read it and I disagree. It’s merely a method to tune, more important is the quality of the tune. Done so called “Tuners” aren’t what they proclaim to be. We’ll leave it there. As long as you are happy with the service you’ve received then happy days.

Apologise for the grammar above.....

Did you say something?

Don’t take my post the wrong way as it wasn’t intended as a dig. There’s always someone with more experience, more cars tuned etc, won’t get into that but I’ve also plenty of experience with many brands, not just my last 3 AMGs that have been highly tuned.....

(To me) Your original post inferred that tuners who don’t use OBD ports to tune M157’s could be damaging the ECU, or that’s the way I read it and I disagree. It’s merely a method to tune and if they know how to do it then it’s fine, more important is the quality of the tune. Some so called “Tuners” aren’t what they proclaim to be. We’ll leave it there. As long as you are happy with the service you’ve received then happy days.

]
20200915-111053.jpg
[/url]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom