SL63 Safety car - good video!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Allow me to be crazy here for a split second...

But i dont think the front of that car is nice.

Its looks like it belongs off something else, dosnt fit with the rest of the car.

Allow me to be crazy here for a split second...

But i dont think the front of that car is nice.

Its looks like it belongs off something else, dosnt fit with the rest of the car.

Some say it will grow on us,, I have my doubts like many others, the car is so much bigger than the 113 Pagoda that the front was taken from.

Sorry cant comment on the look of the car, I just listened to the soundtrack. Beautiful.

Think I'll copy it to mp3 and play it while driving.

What a noise!

The way the new semi-automatic gearbox blips the throttle on downshifts is intoxicating! :rock:
The electronics are extremely clever and although our stretched limo sounds NOTHING like that pace car the electronics for the gearbox are a source of amazement and I to enjoy listening to the way it blips the throttle when changing down. This is the way I was taught to drive and it makes driving a manual car easier if the clutch fails. Great video with great sound effects.

regards
John

It gets better after the first 2.5 minutes!

Great clip thanks.

Sorry cant comment on the look of the car, I just listened to the soundtrack. Beautiful.

Think I'll copy it to mp3 and play it while driving.

Its interesting that as a Bike rider you like it because I think it sounds like a bike! Its not a good car sound IMO and compares badly to an Aston or Ferrari...even my old TVR was better, although I liked the downchange blips!

The most impressive bit on the video was the way it rode the kerbs...dead flat and composed. As for its looks...yuck compared to the R230:crazy:

Its interesting that as a Bike rider you like it because I think it sounds like a bike! Its not a good car sound IMO and compares badly to an Aston or Ferrari...even my old TVR was better, although I liked the downchange blips!
Don't forget this is a very special car that laps at extraordinary high speeds and the sound of the engine is secondary to performance. There is no way you could live with that interior noise for any distanc without ear protection :devil:

regards
John

Anyone can make you some straight through pipes. They are the easiest thing to do.

Depending on which car, it is likely it will be too loud for road use, plus without catalytic converters, it's unlikely you get through MOT the conventional way.

However, getting the correct amount of backpressure not to compromise performance and bypassing modern day engine management electronics are the tricky bits.

The F1 Safety cars are tuned in house by AMG to run with such exhausts, and the engine management relies on Alpha-N/Motec, not the conventional MAF metering.

The electronics are extremely clever and although our stretched limo sounds NOTHING like that pace car the electronics for the gearbox are a source of amazement and I to enjoy listening to the way it blips the throttle when changing down.

They had this on the Maser CCs 6 years ago but subsequently dropped it.

Cant be much slower than the actual race cars...............

OK, what that bright light in the centre of the Parktronic display?

OK, what that bright light in the centre of the Parktronic display?
At a guess I would say the Parktronic might not be 'parktronic' It could be a light to signify what exterior lights are on? Please do not accuse me of talking rubbishm, as this is just an educated guess.

Cant be much slower than the actual race cars...............
The detail is in the wording I agree the SL might not be much slower than an F1 car!

But by crikey the F1 car will get to its top speed quicker than the pace car and it will slow down even quicker. Plus of course the F1 car will negotiate the bendy bit a darn sight quicker, but depending on gearing, I doubt the actual top speeds will be much different?

If I recall in one race last year the F1 cars had problems keeping up with the pace car during exceedingly heavy rain, but once this rain eased and the pace car was called in, then these cars took off like scalded cats.

John the refuse collector

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom