SL63 Type A service cost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V8 Animal

Car
SL63 AMG
Tried to get a quote yesterday from Inchcape for a A service.
Waited for 5 mins then got a call back to say sorry can't quote at the moment, will email then get back to you!
Any clues how much it could be 5 years old 38k
Thanks

Thanks, just filled in the details and guess what?
We're unable to quote please call.
PMSL

I just filled in the details for my SL500 out of interest and it came back with £1252 for a B service. Will stick with my indie!

V8 Animal said:
Thanks, just filled in the details and guess what? We're unable to quote please call. PMSL

Does it have full mbsh?

If not that may be why it's unable to quote you due to not knowing exactly what items have been changed on previous services.

Does it have full mbsh?

If not that may be why it's unable to quote you due to not knowing exactly what items have been changed on previous services.

Yes it does this would be its 5th
In Mercedes now been here 15mins and still no quote.

Finally got a quote but I know idea if any good.
However I am confused, I have the P30 pack which I can't confirm if it comes with a LSD
The salesman says I need dif oil 471 and gearbox oil on top of service which bumps up the bill. So has it one? £770 charge.

I rang two dealers for quotes two weeks ago on the C63 and neither have called me back.

Sod them it's going to MSL now!

However I am confused, I have the P30 pack which I can't confirm if it comes with a LSD
The salesman says I need dif oil 471 and gearbox oil on top of service which bumps up the bill. So has it one? £770 charge.

That is unbelievable!

At least you know it'll be done right. :D

I'll be down with mine next Tuesday if you're there then?

No I need to go on a Saturday really :(

Does MSL take debit cards? I need to get cash out otherwise. I'm going to text acid in the week to get mine in.

What special diff oil are they using. A litre of unicorn tears

V8 Animal said:
Finally got a quote but I know idea if any good. However I am confused, I have the P30 pack which I can't confirm if it comes with a LSD The salesman says I need dif oil 471 and gearbox oil on top of service which bumps up the bill. So has it one? £770 charge.

Supply your own engine oil it will cost you approx £40 and knock approx £160 off the mb bill, or look in to a mb service plan.

Because of my one year warranty from the Porsche garage where I bought my SL63 I decided that just in case of a claim I'd have the A service done by my local MB main agent.
It cost me £447.67, they wanted to charge me an extra £1200 for 'bold' tyres and £60 for wipers.

Because of my one year warranty from the Porsche garage where I bought my SL63 I decided that just in case of a claim I'd have the A service done by my local MB main agent.
It cost me £447.67, they wanted to charge me an extra £1200 for 'bold' tyres and £60 for wipers.

Thanks for this.
Also supplying your own oil I think that's taking the Mick I wouldn't do that.

Thanks for this.

It's a bit of a dilemma isn't it because if you want to sell the car on later most punters want a main dealer service history.
Whereas most of us know that a good independent will take care and do things thoroughly but at a potential cost of possibly putting off future buyers.

V8 Animal said:

Mb charging £160 for oil you can buy for £39 is taking the mick is it not?

Thanks for this.

I'd never heard of doing that until I got an MB - and the dealer suggested it to me, and knocked £100 off the "rack rate" price of the first service.

After that I had the old ServicePlus contract and when that ran out I got them to agree lower overall pricing.

I've never had the nerve to even ask about supplying my own oil on our other cars' services though!

Thanks for this.

Why many people do :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom