SL65 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"Nouveau riche” has always been somewhat derogatory.
Or as a customer once said to me ' better to be nouveau riche than no riche at all'. The same customer had pinned his receipt for his new Porsche Turbo on his kitchen notice board so you could not miss it.

A house up the road from me has a Yellow Lamborghini Anus and a ........... battered W124 Estate, go figure 🤷‍♂️ :)
I knew someone who until he retired had a collection of supercars to look at and a couple of new Range Rovers to drive, but he travelled to from his bus8ness in an an absolutely awful Montego estate.

He didn’t want to make his customers to believe he was making too much money, and his employees to believe that he should pay them more than he already did.

The other reason was that he used it for moving his guard dogs around between home and business premises, and they used to like sleeping in the back of it.

Since he retired he has even more supercars, but I’m not sure he has the Montego any more 😁

Or as a customer once said to me ' better to be nouveau riche than no riche at all'. The same customer had pinned his receipt for his new Porsche Turbo on his kitchen notice board so you could not miss it.
To be fair, if it was on a notice board in the kitchen in his home, he perhaps didn’t expect other people to see it. Unless of course he was a chef, with a chef’s table in the kitchen. and the notice board was right in front of it 😁

Good excuse to dust off ye olde hardback Designo brochures.
received_741694543933108.jpeg

Im not convinced it is Chromaflair I.
I believe the interior could possibly be Designo two tone Mauritius blue/Silver or Pastel.

Some of the designo interiors are two tone, so it could be designo. I sold my R230 brochures with the car, unfortunately. Wish I had kept them. New owner was not that bothered.

I don't know what I dislike the most, the wheels or those led running day lights stuck on the front bumper.

Imo the car would have looked so much better with the original AMG wheels

The paint and wheels seem to be getting all the attention, but no mention of the SLR nose so far?

I'm all for individuality but sorry, I can't look at those photos any more; they're giving me a headache.
What's more worrying is that it appears that it lives not a million miles away from me so it's just possible I may encounter it in 'real life' :eek:

Yea - there is always one. 20 years ago a mate of mine started earning decent money. Always made a point of leaving his MB keys (then a ML) in a prominent place in pubs and restaurants.

Yea - there is always one. 20 years ago a mate of mine started earning decent money. Always made a point of leaving his MB keys (then a ML) in a prominent place in pubs and restaurants.
I used to keep my car keys on the table when I was out, but when I bought my Mercedes-AMG ForFour Black Series Brabus Edition I started keeping the keys in my pocket, as I didn’t want people to think I was showing off.

🤣🤣🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom