SL65 Crashed by mechanic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
WOW! How did he managed to spent £30000 in maintenance in 3 years!! :eek:

£25000 paint option?? seriously?? :confused:

"Driven sensibly" yeah right!! Were other vehicles involved, if so who was at fault, someone wasn't sensible, if a solitary crash then driver must have been less than sensible, dual carriageway, straightish road.....

Somehow I've got big doubts about the 'sensible driving'.... I wonder what the outcome is going to be for the owner..

Mechanic cruising along the wet greasy duel carriageway, decided to gave it a boot-full, auto box down change 2 gears, back end stepped out, and the rest is history! :crazy:

Just my vivid imagination :dk:

so i take it there WAS a problem with the traction control system lol

Poor bugger, hope he gets back what he's owed ! He should call one of the help hire lot and get himself into a comparable replacement...

Reminds me of a guy my mate used to work with. He took a Viper SRT10 out (an early side pipe one)
He gave it some grief up the duel carriageway but got third instead of fifth gear! That ended up stuffed into the barrier and pretty much destroyed it.

"Thousands of cars drove down that road that day, only three crashed and mine was the only one to be totally wrecked."

Only three car crashes that day!

What kind of hellish highway is this that produces such motoring mayhem where only three crashes per day is considered reasonable?

"and our technician is making a good recovery...

...asking clientele "if they'd like fries with that" at his new place of employment.

£165k for a 2004 car? Really

No. He paid £40k.

That car could be repaired without too much drama.

I like this line.

'When I took the car in I told them there was also a problem with the traction control system but I was assured nothing was wrong

So a car with dodgy traction control, or serious lack of grip was being tested for said fault and guess what...

Bad weather, wide tyres...Oops.

Last edited:
Of course the costs are BS......its a local rag, almost as bad as the nationals!

Police have confirmed it was being driven sensibly and legally ? How ?

If I was the insurance co I'd be wanting the data logged by the ECU

I suppose the only way to truly replace it would to buy another sl65 , full strip to shell and repaint , then retro fit all the options the new car didn't have ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom