SL65 in Almandine Black... nice!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mmm that might make me change my mind about ever owning an SL.
Lovely looking car that might actually be worth the asking price;)

Wow, lovely , bit tempting to upgrade the SLK , especially as a rather substantial legacy just hit the bank yesterday. Unfortunately I have promised my wife a new kitchen to finish off the house refurbishment , decisions, decisions :rolleyes:

Generally the SL is a bit too “golf club” for my tastes, but, damn, that’s pretty. And 600 ponies.. I want it.

Cheers,

Gaz

Wow, lovely , bit tempting to upgrade the SLK , especially as a rather substantial legacy just hit the bank yesterday. Unfortunately I have promised my wife a new kitchen to finish off the house refurbishment , decisions, decisions :rolleyes:
A kitchen or an SL???????????????FFS
Get down to Howdens. They'll sort her out for a coupla grand plus £750 for a fitter. Should leave you enough for the car.

Stunning

@Smart320 get it bought. Food will faste just as good in your existing kitchen as it will from a new one, and it will be filled with the same amount of love. SL it is then....

OK, go easy on me, what was so special about the SL65 ? I'm not familiar?

Be gentle with me: give me the pitch for the V12 over the V8: the need for the 600 horses instead of just 563 ?

I'm scratching my head at why this SL65 is worth £50k plus fees (on a car with 13k miles), when you can buy a well specced 2018 SL63 on 5k miles for £65k (as my neighbour has just done)

319c96f3de5b40679e0576cd73b8b560.jpg

Last edited:
Remarkably "brave" of Silverstone to be running a "Virtual Auction" online on May 23rd

Can't begin to think how that could result in good prices for the vendor.

It’s a very nice exterior colour , but I hate black interiors .

Had it been a lovely mushroom leather interior...

Yes, great colour, not so sure about the car.
As ever, the car is worth exactly what somebody is prepared to pay for it.
I might be tempted (as Mike says) by a much more modern car with a few less cylinders.

On reflection I think 400 + bhp is enough and unfortunately my wife like German made kitchens , just like my taste in cars. And I do prefer cream leather to black so will stick with my near perfect SLK

R231 SL63 depreciate heavily .. just like all R231s

Remarkably "brave" of Silverstone to be running a "Virtual Auction" online on May 23rd

I was thinking that - but then I remembered the gentlemen on here last month who had bought an Arnage at virtual auction and was looking for advice on how to back out. It seems that some buyers are brave enough to try it...

OK, go easy on me, what was so special about the SL65 ? I'm not familiar?

Be gentle with me: give me the pitch for the V12 over the V8: the need for the 600 horses instead of just 563 ?

I'm scratching my head at why this SL65 is worth £50k plus fees (on a car with 13k miles), when you can buy a well specced 2018 SL63 on 5k miles for £65k (as my neighbour has just done)

319c96f3de5b40679e0576cd73b8b560.jpg
It depends on what the reserve price is but I'm guessing its £40k so if the car goes for the reserve it will be a lot less than the £65k R231 in your post plus a V12 is such a superb engine.

No worries for the winning bidder though; if he wakes up the next day and he's changed his mind there's always the option to nitpick to the point he can squirm his way out of his responsibilities...

One has just finished on another auction site www.themarket.co.uk Didn't reach it's reserve. Buy it now for £41,000. 2004 with 26,000 mile.

Neither of them have Distronic :mad:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom