SL65 wheel question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMadGit

Car
SL55
I've got an SL55 Performance Pack which includes SL65 split rims as standard.
I understand that these wheels are still available but was wondering if the rim part was available separately as obviously this is the most vulnerable part?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 4
Its not available separately unfortunately. I understand MB are selling this wheel at a high discount due to new designs for the later models.
I read about £1600+vat a set of 4 compared to Alloywheels Direct at almost £5k:crazy:

19" AMG IV 2pc wheels in Sterling Silver - Alloy Wheels Direct (58287)

Thanks. Interesting; so I'd just ask at a Merc parts dept would I ?

Thanks. Interesting; so I'd just ask at a Merc parts dept would I ?

You can only ask. Hopefully the person that wrote that info about MB will see this and mention which dealer he got this from.

Can I just chime in here guys......

I think im going to need new wheels for my C55 and I adore those.

Geed, I noticed you mentioned that alloy wheels direct before, so I checked there site out, and they list those wheels as ok for a w203, and vealige had them fitted on his C55. I saw the price and laughed, but 1600quid + VAT I could almost live with.

Trouble is, wopuld these rims effect the ride quality and be ok with my car on coilovers.

Think its either these or some CLK63 wheels......

^ Yeah I really want a set of these for my E55 but the AWD price is a joke.
Just keep looking for a set with the right ET on eBay. They do come up from time to time.
Also Mercman in Southampton seems to get sets occasionally.

Some of them on ebay look cracked and all sorts though.

have you not asked your local merc?

Do we know anyone who bought them for the 1600+ VAT?

I notice there the same offsets on AWD from your link under the SL or going under w203?

Some of them on ebay look cracked and all sorts though.

They do. Good ones do appear from time to time though

have you not asked your local merc?

No I haven't, the thought of £1600+vat+tyres is a bit rich for me right now.

Do we know anyone who bought them for the 1600+ VAT?

I'll have a search shortly and find who posted that info. I know I read it, but not sure if it was on the other forum or this one.

I notice there the same offsets on AWD from your link under the SL or going under w203?

If you look at the Part #'s they give the same number for the 203, 211 and 230 all with the same ET of 30 and 31. I assume they are saying the wheel will fit all 3 models.

Might be worth asking MB then.......

I also really like the CLK63 wheels, but again what are the chances of finding those, there even rarer lol.

1600quid + VAT seems ok when there 1800quid on ebay for 2nd hand ones.

Yeah, seems they would fit with no spacers or anything, Vealige had them on his, and he just used 35 profile at front instead of 40 and 30 at rear instead of 35.

Geed, the more I look, the more I like the CLK63 wheels, but I cant seem to find them on that wheel site.

Doubt ive got any chance of 2nd hand one's seeing as how rare the car is.

Ive got the part numbers, guess its a call to MB in the morning, heeh.

They are appealing because A they will clear fine because there of the car that these brakes came with lol, they should be easier on the wallet, and they are 18's and I keep stock sized tyres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom