SL70 AMG - Service Center

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PurpleDog

Car
SL AMG
Hi All,

I just bought a 1996 SL70 AMG :D

Would appreciate recommendations on:
- a great service center near Buckinghamshire or London?
- if not, then within a 2 hour radius or so?

Thanks!!

Wow,Lovely...PCS in Portsmouth and Wayne Gates have good feedback here
Pictures when you get a chance please

Yes PCS, Highly recommended.

Thxs everyone for the advice. Got it in the recent auction
Coys of Kensington
Will send updated pics as soon as I can.

Looks good; looks very good. But then I would say that; I'll shortly be collecting my own R129 - an SL500 - in the same colour, though with beige leather. I really like that dark blue.

Did it get anywhere near the pre-auction estimate of about 70-80K euros?

Looks good; looks very good. But then I would say that; I'll shortly be collecting my own R129 - an SL500 - in the same colour, though with beige leather. I really like that dark blue.

Did it get anywhere near the pre-auction estimate of about 70-80K euros?
Awesome! Yes, I manage to get it towards the low end; although needs to include the auction fees.

Thxs everyone for the advice. Got it in the recent auction
Coys of Kensington
Will send updated pics as soon as I can.

Wow! Congratulations, and thanks for the link - some people get a bit coy (pun intended) about these things! The car looks fantastic in a great colour and I love the wooden dash fascia.

I'm curious about the difference between the 70 and the 73, as yours, according to Coys, has a 7.2 engine, so I am guessing they are the same engine, badged differently?

Hope to see you at an SL event sometime!

Wow! Congratulations, and thanks for the link - some people get a bit coy (pun intended) about these things! The car looks fantastic in a great colour and I love the wooden dash fascia.

I'm curious about the difference between the 70 and the 73, as yours, according to Coys, has a 7.2 engine, so I am guessing they are the same engine, badged differently?

Hope to see you at an SL event sometime!
Apparently this is the rare "SL72" of the SL70 version. Was told only 5-10 7.2 version were made with 510 bhp. SL73 is 525 bhp and estimated 80 were made.

Apparently this is the rare "SL72" of the SL70 version. Was told only 5-10 7.2 version were made with 510 bhp. SL73 is 525 bhp and estimated 80 were made.

There were one or two RHD SL73s I think. Also a more powerful version at around 560 bhp made for the Sultan of Brunei(?).

There were one or two RHD SL73s I think. Also a more powerful version at around 560 bhp made for the Sultan of Brunei(?).

I met the owner at an Official Owners' Club SL day in 2010, when it was coming up for sale - a bargain at sub £50k! He was having trouble with the roof mechanism at the time. I seem to remember there was a bit of discussion here about the price at the time when it was advertised.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• aMDS6002.jpg
    aMDS6002.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 49
  • aMDS6000.jpg
    aMDS6000.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 46
Wow that would be a monster! And RHD I suspect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom