SL73 @ Auction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think the person who wrote the blurb got a little carried away. "With the performance only a Pagani Zonda can match!" That was then; this is now. Lots of other cars are as fast or faster.

lol a Zonda would demolish it. A regular (not 507) C63 should easily match it.

Around a track (even a big one) I think a lot of AMGs from now will be quicker. I bet an A45AMG would give it a run for its money.

I'm confident to say that even a 507 would struggle to keep up
The torque from a V12 is on another level

That Dash, is certainly true in a straight line, but that M120 is just so much weight over the front axle it's more a true autobahn stormer than a sports car. That weight and the inert R129 steering just kills it, but what a car!

Nah. That 7.2L V12 is the one Pagani used in the Zonda (the block at least) but obviously it produced a lot more power (That was obviously why the person who wrote the blurb referenced the zonda), but even the standard specs of the SL73 don't stack up to a C63. The M157 produces more power and torque, and is lighter. The C63 is faster to 60 and will be faster around a track than a 20 year old car.

That is what I meant,after all you can't compare 20yr old technology with todays standards

A bit more than that! The R129 went on sale in 1989 but of course is largely based on the W124 underneath.

Incidentally the first pic shows a rather odd gap under the front indicator - something not right there? There's no obvious damage to the bumper.

6557-0.jpg

The m275 sl600 with twin turbos produced less power than this motor. It is a shame they didn't develop this motor using what Pagani did and twin turbo it, that would have been the ultimate 700-800bhp motor.

A bit more than that! The R129 went on sale in 1989 but of course is largely based on the W124 underneath.

Incidentally the first pic shows a rather odd gap under the front indicator - something not right there? There's no obvious damage to the bumper.

6557-0.jpg

Likely to be the same issue as with the C43 AMG rear bumper, the corners warp over time - they look virtually the same design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom