SL73 badged as SL70 (R129)?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well done AMG for keeping the records. From the first 3 lines in the second picture it is a SL72 then?

Yes, it would appear so. Exact capacity is registered as 7291cc

Interesting to know why there's a discrepancy between the AMG data and the sticker above - 510 PS v. 525 PS?

Interesting to know why there's a discrepancy between the AMG data and the sticker above - 510 PS v. 525 PS?

All I can think of the sticker is that they only made one which had a 140 number

PurpleDog said:
Thanks! Still trying to figure out the 140 sticker and the 510 vs 525 dde01
looking at the specs from AMG the 510PS appears to be correct, which would be 503 BHP.

Off topic, but is your car from the IAA Frankfurt auction last year? I noticed the COYS window sticker in one of your photos.

I had a good nose around one, and a silver SL73 while I was there. They both looked stunning under the lights :D

Darren

Off topic, but is your car from the IAA Frankfurt auction last year? I noticed the COYS window sticker in one of your photos.

I had a good nose around one, and a silver SL73 while I was there. They both looked stunning under the lights :D

Darren

Yes, indeed they were!

All I can think of the sticker is that they only made one which had a 140 number

Probably this^ It was all a bit haphazard back in the 80's and 90's which actually made AMG more interesting. It was difficult to find any two cars exactly the same.

I have this stamped engine number as well.

image1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom