SL73 on eBay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doodle

MB Enthusiast
Car
R129, KTM 1290SAR, Superb 272 wagon
MERCEDES BENZ SL73 AMG R129 *Made exclusively for the Sultan of Brunei's Family* | eBay

But with a distinct reek of haddock about it.

The number hails to a car breakers in Kent, but the pictures are stolen straight from Charles Ironside. The car has been off the road for 3 years judging by MoT history.

For the not inconsiderable sum of £300k, you'd expect a better advert, surely? Given that CI had it advertised for £75k perhaps 4 years back, that's quite an optimistic hike. But then, where would you find another?

Last edited:
Amazing car, deserves a better add than that though

Add says its built 1999, but the vin suggests 1997 SL 600

lol...

met the then owner a couple years back.. twas a lovely car.

He later sold it through a classic car dealer. The price was in the region of £60K as I recall. Not sure how much it actually went for.

Thought about it but black cars are such a pain to keep clean and they get so dirty parked on the road.

A member called 89speedster was waiting for an SL73 to be shipped to the UK, but as far as I’ve seen, he hasn’t been around for a while; I’ve been wondering what happened to him.

The one word to describe that price is greed.

LOL. There are 300,000 better places to put 300k into. This isn't one of them. Zero upside at that price this side of 10 years+ and plenty of risk of substantial downside.

Why would anyone buy that for 300k? I wouldn't and have no idea why anyone would. Comical.

Are there loads of good empty motorways in Brunei for the Sultan to drive all his super cars.

It says 'family' - his brother Prince Jefri Bolkiah used to own a house in London, so it was probably ordered by a family member over here, not in Brunei.

Last edited:
That sl sits very nicely with his other stock doesn't it? Just the sort of place id be happy to drop 300,000.

Maybe they accidentally added one nought to many.

That sl sits very nicely with his other stock doesn't it? Just the sort of place id be happy to drop 300,000.
I suppose it's cash payment only, come after dark to the railway arches, and make sure you are alone.....?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom