'SL74' Renntech - not seen every day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's spectacular, but in all honesty the seller is chancing his arm. You'd have to really, REALLY want an tuner SL. at that figure. and recent sales of identical cars have netted less than half that.

Nice car, but why is it badged 'SL74 AMG'? As an ordinary SL600 converted by Renntech it's surely nothing to do with AMG. Two of the contemporary magazine articles shown in the ad refer to it as a 'RENNTech SLR7.4' and one as 'RENNTECH SL740'.

Bulletproof paperwork with bullet condition? Who owned it, Steven Seagal?

Amazing R129 but certainly not cheap! I know the OZ wheels are fitted by Renntech but I personally don't like them.

Very similar to a SL73 AMG, I believe they used a lot of AMG components but went even further.

I like it :thumb:

The OZ Opera imo is the only wheel ever made that looks better single piece than in splittie form. Surely renntech could have come up with their own design of centre, hartage, Carlsson ect managed it ?

Reactions: SG1
My R129 (of unhappy memory...) also had the genuine three-piece AMG spoiler on the back, and a genuine AMG front bumper too. I've always felt that the stock R129 looks a bit bland, but the spoiler and front bumper made a huge difference - sharpens the appearance up no end. That spoiler looks just great on that car.

My R129 (of unhappy memory...) also had the genuine three-piece AMG spoiler on the back, and a genuine AMG front bumper too. I've always felt that the stock R129 looks a bit bland, but the spoiler and front bumper made a huge difference - sharpens the appearance up no end. That spoiler looks just great on that car.

Iirc you had the prefacelift kit on yours which is as sharp as a very sharp thing. Much nicer and more mercedesish than the facelift curvy AMG bumpers imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom