Slabbing in Solihull

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palfrem

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
Having a bit of a garden revamp

Unfortunately I seem to have employed complete tossers.

I need a good slabber to come and put right the mess the last lot made.

Can anyone recommend someone good and local to B90 postcode please?

Digs & travelling expenses? ;)

Have just transported 130 slabs from a friends house to mine in the back of my ML, not all at once I hasten to add. I now have to lay them! Have a feeling I wil be posting a similar thread in a couple of weeks.

Having a bit of a garden revamp

Unfortunately I seem to have employed complete tossers.

I need a good slabber to come and put right the mess the last lot made.

Can anyone recommend someone good and local to B90 postcode please?

Have just transported 130 slabs from a friends house to mine in the back of my ML, not all at once I hasten to add. I now have to lay them! Have a feeling I wil be posting a similar thread in a couple of weeks.

If you're physically able and in no rush why not have a go at doing the work yourself? You'll be surprised how quickly you'll pick up 'the knack' of flagging. Take your time to prepare the ground and find some levels.

The satisfaction of doing a good job will be great. :thumb:

If you're physically able and in no rush why not have a go at doing the work yourself? You'll be surprised how quickly you'll pick up 'the knack' of flagging. Take your time to prepare the ground and find some levels.

The satisfaction of doing a good job will be great. :thumb:
Starting to find my back is not too happy with moving too many slabs now I have hit 70 ! However might give it a try as not using cement, laying them on fine grit at edge of gravel driveway.

Invest in a long spirit (builders) level if you decide to give it a go yourself. Screwfix normally have decent cheap ones.

Landscaping is the most (quickest) rewarding job, okay the 2nd but decorating is boring

Have a go yourself, feel good factor is 10+. Don't stack the slabs near where you're working, stand one up on its edge, stand another one facing sideways against the first on the edge and the same the other side etc. Makes lifting each one easier

John (Dev) must know a decent outfit...

I know a great pair of brothers - I'd got them lined up to bring the front of my garage out to get the car in - they were up for it but then got a 12 month barn conversion their side of the city and I lost them :(.

They have done work on my patio and are good, but not cheap.

Details available for my G Wagon friend :thumb:.

Last time I moved paving slabs for someone I was in my early 20's, yep no problem I said - I shifted about 20. I was then given a cup of tea which I couldn't hold up and spilled it everywhere without getting one sip :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom