Slammed Merc meet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vijilants

MB Enthusiast
Car
W205 C43 AMG
Check this out.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't mind some of the low stuff....as long as its ride height adjustable.....but the camber stuff just looks plain stupid.....take a squint at this......

Agreed, slammed on Air looks great, obviously at its lowest when parked, and pretty low when driving, and can raise for speed bumps etc, but those Crazy
Cambers nope not for me, I see some of them on the Public road, can't be legal, can they?

Reactions: Ted
I must be getting old. Just don't get stupid camber,F1 type ride hights and "stretched" tyres.
Not my bag either.

Slammed performance cars like what is the actual point.

Hold on a minute while i navigate this speed bump at 1 mph 😵‍💫

A Fairy tale.
Two swindlers arrive at the capital city of an emperor who spends lavishly on clothing at the expense of state matters. Posing as weavers, they offer to supply him with magnificent clothes that are invisible to those who are stupid or incompetent. The emperor hires them, and they set up looms and go to work. A succession of officials, and then the emperor himself, visit them to check their progress. Each sees that the looms are empty but pretends otherwise to avoid being thought a fool. Finally, the weavers report that the emperor's suit is finished. They mime dressing him and he sets off in a procession before the whole city. The townsfolk uncomfortably go along with the pretense, not wanting to appear inept or stupid, until a child blurts out that the emperor is wearing nothing at all.

So, if you're really clever, lowering and really badly fitting wheels are cool. If you don't think so, you're stupid. You don't want to look stupid so you go along.
Until a little voice says .........
Sorry it's lomg winded, but it's the best explanation I can give.
A childrens fairy tale by Hans Christian Anderson written in the 1800's.

A Fairy tale.
Two swindlers arrive at the capital city of an emperor who spends lavishly on clothing at the expense of state matters. Posing as weavers, they offer to supply him with magnificent clothes that are invisible to those who are stupid or incompetent. The emperor hires them, and they set up looms and go to work. A succession of officials, and then the emperor himself, visit them to check their progress. Each sees that the looms are empty but pretends otherwise to avoid being thought a fool. Finally, the weavers report that the emperor's suit is finished. They mime dressing him and he sets off in a procession before the whole city. The townsfolk uncomfortably go along with the pretense, not wanting to appear inept or stupid, until a child blurts out that the emperor is wearing nothing at all.

So, if you're really clever, lowering and really badly fitting wheels are cool. If you don't think so, you're stupid. You don't want to look stupid so you go along.
Isn’t it more simple than that? We all have different taste, and your taste in cars isn’t this.

Isn’t it more simple than that? We all have different taste, and your taste in cars isn’t this.
Just to rub it in further, anyone remember the Mercedes F400 carving???

A C63 at a car meeting last Sunday was slammed virtually to the ground, perhaps only a slim finger clearance. I do wonder to what extent handling is affected with these airbag conversions.

A Fairy tale.

Knew the fairy tale, just didn't know how it applied. Thanks for the explanation.👍

The black coupe lives in the same area as me I see it all the time proper nice example

A C63 at a car meeting last Sunday was slammed virtually to the ground, perhaps only a slim finger clearance. I do wonder to what extent handling is affected with these airbag conversions.
He obviously only, slams, it to the floor, when parked up, when driving he'll have it at a more sensible height
(i presume) 🙄 as for comfort and handling pretty comfortable I would think, riding on Air Bags.🙂👍

He obviously only, slams, it to the floor, when parked up, when driving he'll have it at a more sensible height
(i presume) 🙄 as for comfort and handling pretty comfortable I would think, riding on Air Bags.🙂👍
Yep obviously. You wouldn't have been able to get a finger between the ground and the front splitter, same all way round, when it was parked up.

This is how it's done.....not a huge amount of detail but worth a watch

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom