Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nick mercedes

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Expedition
BBC News - Five arrests in 'slavery' raid at Greenacre travellers' site

"Twenty-four men suspected of being held against their will have been found during a raid at a travellers' site.

Four men and a woman were arrested on suspicion of committing slavery offences in the raid at Greenacre travellers' site, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, on Sunday.

The men, who are English, Polish and Romanian, were found in "filthy and cramped" conditions, police said.

Detectives believe some may have been there for up to 15 years."

It's their culture, you HAVE to respect it....

Welcome to the third world

What are you suggesting? that people can please themselves how they behave or treat others?

You live in this or any other country you abide by the laws, simple.

What are you suggesting? that people can please themselves how they behave or treat others?

You live in this or any other country you abide by the laws, simple.

He was being Politically Correct and tongue in cheek...;)

Could I have a quarter of Flying Saucers please and how much would that be in Pounds Shillings and Pence (when it was a "d" not a "p") I'd be there everyday.

One didn't but flying saucers by the quarter, they were each....1/960 of £1 :)

:eek:
BBC News - Five arrests in 'slavery' raid at Greenacre travellers' site

"Twenty-four men suspected of being held against their will have been found during a raid at a travellers' site.

Four men and a woman were arrested on suspicion of committing slavery offences in the raid at Greenacre travellers' site, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, on Sunday.

The men, who are English, Polish and Romanian, were found in "filthy and cramped" conditions, police said.

Detectives believe some may have been there for up to 15 years."

:eek: Slavery... on my doorstep - whatever next.

Could I have a quarter of Flying Saucers please and how much would that be in Pounds Shillings and Pence (when it was a "d" not a "p") I'd be there everyday.

You have to bear in mind it was £-s-d and that was outlawed:D:D

There will be more to this than presently declared - I just hope the "slaves" don't turn out to be people with learning difficulties........

Ouch!

It is all very well celebrating diversity and the ECHR but if it ends up with this sort of abuse being hidden in our more unsavoury ghettos then we should look to reform our principles of inclusive cultural acceptance.

I fear I am being racist. If anyone thinks so, do say. I think it is really easy to hold simplistic views if you lead a sheltered life. Balancing people's rights to a subcultural identity and the desirability of a law abiding cohesive society does my head in.

Hmmmm

What about the women in certain 'ethnic minorities' that aren't let out of the house? Or those same women that get beaten so that they don't learn English so that they can't converse with anyone but from their own 'ethnicity'?

Easy to 'pan a pikey', not so easy to look at other religions/races not indigenous to our country and straighten them out.....

It is easy to think 'something must be done', agreeing what to do is harder.

Hmmmm

What about the women in certain 'ethnic minorities' that aren't let out of the house? Or those same women that get beaten so that they don't learn English so that they can't converse with anyone but from their own 'ethnicity'?

Easy to 'pan a pikey', not so easy to look at other religions/races not indigenous to our country and straighten them out.....

I agree, how be we start with the pikey's then move on eh?

I love this bit from the BBC news website:

Det Ch Insp Sean O'Neil said:

".....but they were told they could not leave and if they did they would be beaten up and attacked.
"But in fact some people did leave and told us what was going on and when we looked back since 2008 we were aware of 28 people who had made similar accusations."

Good to see our boys in blue were on the ball, it only took 28 people making similar accusations to warrant an investigation :)

Can we pass a law that allows us to shoot pikeys?

Q: What key opens any lock?

A: A pikey:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom