SLC Window Chrome Trim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Octayne

Car
SLC 200 Sports 2017 petrol automatic
2017 SLC 200 Sports Petrol Automatic: Just bought and this (please see image of looking down onto the driver's window junction between glass and rubber seal/chrome trimP1120561_640x480.jpg ) is 'wear and tear' (apparently) so can I ask anyone how I could identify the chrome trim and seal and where I could possibly order from and approx cost? And how do I remove existing and replace with new? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Doubt if it is wear and tear, looks more like someone has used a slim Jim to try and break in to the car at some point ?

Thats if this is a photo of the drivers door window looking towards the floor and the bit on the left of the trim is glass and the bit to the right of the trim is door.

Not really clear.

OP, can we see a photo from a bit further away please.
Hello Petrol Pete!

I've taken another photo as requested - is this showing better detail? On the chrome trim there is a concave dent facing inwards the car ie. as if some force hit the car window trim (maybe when window/roof was down and a graze to this trim is within the dent area. Or maybe, as you've already said, slim jim marks? Can you slim jim a modern Merc? And the dent is inwards towards the car also. The dealer told me he previouisly sent 'the wheels away for diamond cutting' due to scuff marks when it was PX'd I saw an invoice for the reg but they must have been deeper than 'wear and tear marks' because he wants to cassify the trim dent as wear and tear 'if it did not show up on our pre-inspection then it is down to wear and tear'. I haven't followed up with him yet but emailed etc I am waiting for more info on several things before I reply. I only JUST noticed it on my walkaround inspection with him so it may not even have been noticed on his pre-inspection? THEN of course the v-i-r-u-s came and everyone went home! So what should be my steps from here? Would the gap present a water ingress problem in the meantime? Any thoughts on how I classify this trim and rubber deatil to a supplier if I can find one? Thanks.

P1120560_1_600x400.jpg

You won't find a supplier other than Mercedes themselves, your best bet is pursue the dealer you bought it from.
Only other option is a scrap yard for a second hand part, but most likely they would only sell you a complete door.

You won't find a supplier other than Mercedes themselves, your best bet is pursue the dealer you bought it from.
Only other option is a scrap yard for a second hand part, but most likely they would only sell you a complete door.

Thanks, I'll start with Dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom