SLC300 for daily hire?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
Hey!

Does anyone know anywhere I could hire, for a day, an SLC300?

I'm thinking of buying one when my SlC250d goes back, but want to try out the engine first, but without troubling a dealer at this stage.

The torque of the 300 petrol is way down on the 250d, but perhaps it's nicer to drive? Also, I want to compare it to the similar spec and power new Z4 30i

I need to know! LOL!

Maybe a dealer would lend me one for a weekend for a fee?

It may be worth asking Enterprise, I got given an S Class by them (via a lorry company insurance) for the few days whilst my wifes former car was having the side repaired after a Bulgarian lorry driver dropped a pallet lift from his curtain sider onto the side of the car.

Thought I read that MB were stopping making the SLC?
Same. I thought they dropped it in favour of the 4 seat convertibles

Sorry no idea where to hire a SLC300. The torque is down on the 250d (369lb vs 266(?)lb) so a fair bit less but the torque band is wide in the 300slc. MrsG 300slc always feel "brisk" rather than really quick although its nice and refined.

Europcar/LHR. Not cheap though.

Cheers,

Gaz

I’m sure Mercedes used to offer a 24 hour test drive not that long ago.

Easiest way is just to ask your local dealer? For £200+ to hire one it has to be worth a try :)

I’m sure Mercedes used to offer a 24 hour test drive not that long ago.

Easiest way is just to ask your local dealer? For £200+ to hire one it has to be worth a try :)

Not going to happen -

MB are selling cheap cars fast enough that they don't care about buyers "dare I say it" on lower end models. They have recently let me down 2 x - 1 on a test drive of a SL and 2 a couple of months ago on a E400 cabriolet (where they invited me to take a loaner for 48 hours).

Thanks for the replies! Yes, the SLC is now finished, but I'm tempted by picking up a last of the breed 300. (I prefer hard roof to fabric) and even the BMW 4 convertible and the SL are going soft!

I'll look at Europcar and see. :)

I rented old SLK250 from Europcar Prestige years ago, but not sure if they have SLC on fleet. They mention it on the website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom