SLC43 AMG new battery.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icarus51

Car
E55 AMG 2003
The battery has failed on my SLC 43 AMG and I need to replace it. Does the new battery have to be coded, does the car have IBS(intelligent battery system) as I've seen conflicting advice. Some say it does, others that it doesn't. Any help would be appreciated.
Tony

If it has stop/start it will have the so called ibs.
If you are replacing like with like there is no need to code the new battery in.
All the ibs does is monitor state of charge, (battery voltage) state of health (by measuring voltage drop across a very low value resistor) and ambient temperature 👍🏻👍🏻

Thanks for the reply Ted. I've had a look at the battery, it definitely has some form of micro electronics on the battery negative terminal. I am replacing like with like so therefore no coding required, cheers

Thanks for the reply Ted. I've had a look at the battery, it definitely has some form of micro electronics on the battery negative terminal. I am replacing like with like so therefore no coding required, cheers
Hi,

Did the like for like battery require coding or did you just swap old with new?

Today a Res battery warning displayed on the dash and I suspect it could be down to the battery...

Attachments

• IMG-20210628-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20210628-WA0005.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom