Sleeping bags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
I'm after a set of sleeping bags... the catch is, they need to be 3-4 season (down to around -7 comfort).

It needs to be synthetic (humid weather in the day will make it damp), and while weight isn't a concern, pack size is. The smaller, the better.

One final thing I'm looking for is that it needs to come in left and right hand zips, so I can zip 2 together.

Any suggestions?

I was looking at the snugpack chrysalis range, the Vango Ultralite 900, and the mammut kompact 3...

Anything else I should be looking at?

M.

There's also the Rab ignition 4 (maybe a little too cold), and the Mountain Hardware Starlight IV...

The snugpak looks nice in that it has a light built in...

Buy a silk lining. It's very small/light, will make you warmer and are easy to wash.
Down bags pack down a lot smaller than synthetics.
Rab bags are decent for the money, but I don't know of any with left and right zips. Most are cocoon shaped for 1 person AFAIK.

I've bought a couple of Highlander 4 Season sleeping bags off Amazon plus a silk liner last year. Works a treat in low temperatures but won't zip together - S3/4 bags tend to have zip that is 3/4 length to maintain thermal properties.

Hope that helps,

What about one of these:

Attachments

• il_570xN_292629273.jpg
    il_570xN_292629273.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom