Slight oil leak....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HotJambalaya

Car
C63
Just got my car back from service and was told there was a slight oil leak. My local mechanic who does my MOT told me the same thing 2 weeks ago so that isn't in question.

Have been told its a seal on an engine oil pan. They say the cleaned it off and left the engine running and it didn't come back, so they're not totally sure about it. They also said that it doesn't appear to be major and to leave it.

The main thing is that the price of the new seal is only £80, but the labour involved is coming up as 12.1 hours for a total of almost £2200! They mumbled something about the whole sub frame having to come out to get to it.

I guess there's no point poking around with it, but is this something an independent would be able to get to quicker/easier/cheaper?

Its not a problem, and they mentioned just look to see if theres oil under the car, or if I have to top it up more, but I'm just wondering how these things develop

HotJambalaya said:
Just got my car back from service and was told there was a slight oil leak. My local mechanic who does my MOT told me the same thing 2 weeks ago so that isn't in question. Have been told its a seal on an engine oil pan. They say the cleaned it off and left the engine running and it didn't come back, so they're not totally sure about it. They also said that it doesn't appear to be major and to leave it. The main thing is that the price of the new seal is only £80, but the labour involved is coming up as 12.1 hours for a total of almost £2200! They mumbled something about the whole sub frame having to come out to get to it. I guess there's no point poking around with it, but is this something an independent would be able to get to quicker/easier/cheaper? Its not a problem, and they mentioned just look to see if theres oil under the car, or if I have to top it up more, but I'm just wondering how these things develop

I would look for a good independent. Post your location somebody will advise.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Wayne Gates in Harrow (0208 863 9233)are very highly recommended by many forum members.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom