slight overreaction from motorcyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Er, Rule 264. You should always drive in the left-hand lane when the road ahead is clear. If you are overtaking a number of slower-moving vehicles, you should return to the left-hand lane as soon as you are safely past.

Or how about this one for the scooter,
Rule 213
Motorcyclists and cyclists may suddenly need to avoid uneven road surfaces and obstacles such as drain covers or oily, wet or icy patches on the road. Give them plenty of room and pay particular attention to any sudden change of direction they may have to make.
very helpful , I dont mean to nit pick but does this look like a motorway to you? (rule 264) would be good if you could show me where it applies to this road (which is not a motorway just to be clear )

very helpful , I dont mean to nit pick but does this look like a motorway to you? (rule 264) would be good if you could show me where it applies to this road (which is not a motorway just to be clear )

You're just not getting this are you?
Rule 264 applies to every single road in the UK, it's not a m/way rule.

You're just not getting this are you?
Rule 264 applies to every single road in the UK, it's not a m/way rule.
I'm definitely not getting it and you're definitely wrong . it only applies to motorways and it would be as far fetched to pretend it applies to other roads as claiming you've seen pigs fly.

I'm definitely not getting it and you're definitely wrong . it only applies to motorways and it would be as far fetched to pretend it applies to other roads as claiming you've seen pigs fly.

Why do you think it only applies to motorways? Can you point to something other than the highway code referenced?

Do you believe it correct to stay in the right hand land of any multi carriage way non motorway?

Why do you think it only applies to motorways? Can you point to something other than the highway code referenced?

Do you believe it correct to stay in the right hand land of any multi carriage way non motorway?
why dont you show me where in 264 it extends to roads other than motorways please. that's all I'm asking. And without being patronizing to yourselves, rule 264 is in the MOTORWAY section of the highway code and is specific to motorways

Highway Code rule 133 to 138 covers this kind of lane discipline.
Rule 137 is specific to this:

Dual carriageways
A dual carriageway is a road which has a central reservation to separate the carriageways.
On a two-lane dual carriageway you should stay in the left-hand lane. Use the right-hand lane for overtaking or turning right. After overtaking, move back to the left-hand lane when it is safe to do so.

Highway Code rule 133 to 138 covers this kind of lane discipline.
Rule 137 is specific to this:

Dual carriageways
A dual carriageway is a road which has a central reservation to separate the carriageways.
On a two-lane dual carriageway you should stay in the left-hand lane. Use the right-hand lane for overtaking or turning right. After overtaking, move back to the left-hand lane when it is safe to do so.
yes and where exactly is this central reservation on that road... if you dont mind ...

yes and where exactly is this central reservation on that road... if you dont mind ...

That’s not the point you are arguing - you stated the keep left rule only applied to motorways :)

Try
Single carriageway
Rule 135
Where a single carriageway has three lanes and the road markings or signs do not give priority to traffic in either direction

use the middle lane only for overtaking or turning right. Remember, you have no more right to use the middle lane than a driver coming from the opposite direction
do not use the right-hand lane.

Or

Rule 160
Once moving you should

keep to the left, unless road signs or markings indicate otherwise. The exceptions are when you want to overtake, turn right or pass parked vehicles or pedestrians in the road

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies:

Single carriageway
Where a single carriageway has three lanes and the road markings or signs do not give priority to traffic in either direction
  • use the middle lane only for overtaking or turning right. Remember, you have no more right to use the middle lane than a driver coming from the opposite direction
  • do not use the right-hand lane.
Where a single carriageway has four or more lanes, use only the lanes that signs or markings indicate.

That’s true :)
no I was pointing out rule 264 is highly irrelevant to this situation.which it is. dont quote an irrelevant rule at least quote something more appropriate

Apologies:

Single carriageway
  • use the middle lane only for overtaking or turning right. Remember, you have no more right to use the middle lane than a driver coming from the opposite direction
  • do not use the right-hand lane.
Where a single carriageway has four or more lanes, use only the lanes that signs or markings indicate.
so how many lanes does that road have again ?

no I was pointing out rule 264 is highly irrelevant to this situation.which it is. dont quote an irrelevant rule at least quote something more appropriate

Ok, sorry.

Still, all round shite driving/riding by all in them vids

Like common sense. The common sense to leave the RH lane clear for anyone who has a reason to be on it. Eg, turning right or overtaking. Overtaking like an emergency services vehicle might have to. Common sense - instead of endlessly quoting a pamphlet.

Like common sense. The common sense to leave the RH lane clear for anyone who has a reason to be on it. Eg, turning right or overtaking. Overtaking like an emergency services vehicle might have to. Common sense - instead of endlessly quoting a pamphlet.
really now ?

Screenshot_20200226-190137_MX Player Pro.jpg Screenshot_20200226-190156_MX Player Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20200226-190449_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200226-190510_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200226-190524_Chrome.jpg

Mr Right, your license should be revoked forthwith, your not capable of driving to the required standard for passing the test in the UK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom