slight overreaction from motorcyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
point here is your comment of driving in the right lane is quite irrelevant to this situation as in the second video two vehicles were overtaken and it was not correct to get into the left lane to block the car that I could clearly see wanted to overtake from the left. the two lanes merge into one and btw this is not a dual carriageway as there is no central reservation .

Fact is , one relies on the drivers ahead to use their judgement regarding lane discipline and after overtaking the vehicle and bicycle, the van should have done the right thing and allowed the bmw and me to overtake but they hogged the right lane and prevented us to do so. As a general rule I only use a right lane when I'm intending to overtake any car in the left lane otherwise I always drive in the left lane unless I plan I turn right or the road signs dictate this eg approaching a round about. and if I notice a car coming faster than me I'll move over even if I myself am about to overtake. in this instance I could clearly see a car approaching fast in the left lane.

I hope to offend the rf065 for insisting rule 164 which is a motorway only rule applies here when it clearly doesn't. then if he proceeds to name call, I am happy to return the favour. I can sit here and reply all day, this is entertainment for me.

I've had a licence since I was 17 and I'm 42 now. in that time , I've had 1 speeding ticket and never been stopped by the police so whatever you may insist is right or wrong is up to you but I think I've done okay so far.

I see it now. We're all wrong; you're right. Just give up, sunshine...

I'm out.

I'm out.

probably for the best. I never said I'm right I just said the van should let the cars behind pass which the driver didnt let us do. interpret the situation how you will. to make an uneducated blanket statement that all of us were hogging the right lane is inaccurate. that's all. one vehicle was doing that , the van who was holding up the bmw and my progress.

Argh - the playground taunts, the last resort of those who have lost the argument...

I see you still decline to comment on Highway Code rule 160....
I didnt I said rule 168 supersedes rule 160.
I also stated that the van should have moved off to the left aftet overtaking two users on the left to allow the bmw and me to overtake which certainly I intended fo do.
lastly rule 168 states you should allow a vehicle that intends to overtake to do so and does not specify undertaking which isnt necessarily illegal in every scenario . so I did answer the question and this is not an argument because I have nothing to prove least of all to you. my driving history is impeccable save for 1 speeding ticket in 25 years and never any points so I'm very confident I know exactly how to drive and in this scenario it would be wrong to move to the left lane because a car was driving much faster in that lane and it would be dangerous to do so

I'm out.

Remember Mark Twain's quote - “Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

As fun as it has been, I'm out with you.

I've had a licence since I was 17 and I'm 42 now. in that time , I've had 1 speeding ticket and never been stopped by the police so whatever you may insist is right or wrong is up to you but I think I've done okay so far.

I'm more shocked that you have never been stopped by the police. I haven't been driving long, relatively, however, have been stopped a fair few times. Side effect of growing up in a slightly rough area in London I guess

I'm more shocked that you have never been stopped by the police. I haven't been driving long, relatively, however, have been stopped a fair few times. Side effect of growing up in a slightly rough area in London I guess

yeah as much as some would try and argue I am a bad driver, the police dont seem to agree. I rarely venture into central london, it takes some getting used to.

yeah as much as some would try and argue I am a bad driver, the police dont seem to agree. I rarely venture into central london, it takes some getting used to.
No one said you were a bad driver. In this instance your road positioning could have been better.

No matter the rights and wrongs of what the scooter did after the altercation with the BMW the fact remains the BMW was wrong to pull alongside the scooter as the road narrowed. He probably wouldn't have done it on another day...but he did it.

As said earlier...two wrongs don't make a right.

Yes, the scooter rider was a ****...

Nobody is perfect.

Chill out.

Maybe don't post self righteous dashcam footage not expecting to get roasted ;)

yeah as much as some would try and argue I am a bad driver, the police dont seem to agree. .

Harold Shipman probably thought he wasn't doing anything wrong as the police hadn't spoken to him yet... :)

Maybe Mr Scooter wasn't going flat out, but that's his choice.
Mr BMW shouldn't have increased the dangers to Mr Scooter as he did.
Mr Scooter may have been right(ish) to be peed off, but was lucky not to be rotated a few times by his chin guard as he was returned toward his bike.

We all know that we should return to the left lane when there's no real need to not be there, but too often the impatient sods that take up a newly created gap don't let you out again if the nearside lane is disappearing ahead. So personally I wouldn't be over righteous about someone believing it is preferable and even safer to stay out there, especially in London. I wonder what excuse the little racer would have used had he met the rear n/s bumper of a car pulling in to the left.

In truth I'm not so sure the video shows much unusual regarding driving / riding practices, especially in London. I've been happy on more than one occasion when a passenger (co driver) has verbalised surprise and warned me of a whizzy banker I hadn't yet seen.

Speaking as a m/cyclist he is riding in the gutter which encourages BMW to attempt overtaking manoeuvre. M/cyclist should be be riding in the centre of his lane.

What nobody appears to notice is that as they all approach a speed camera on the n/side (yellow box and speed markings on road) the vehicle in front of m/cyclist brakes causing the m/cycle to brake. With m/cyclist riding in the gutter this causes the BMW to drive/run alongside the m/cycle because BMW driver doesn’t brake for the camera probably because he didn’t see it.

M/cyclist then pulls across the carriageway taking a position in lane 2 presumably in an attempt to overtake the vehicle in front of him on the approach to the traffic lights. This results in the BMW driver staying in lane 1 and almost overtaking m/cycle at the junction. The m/cyclist fails to see the car in front turning right and slightly swerves to the nearside to take up his position in front of BMW, which at this point is travelling close behind.

M/cyclist stops in front on BMW for confrontation- not the best of ideas.

Conclusion m/cyclist 1/2 tit for his lack of riding skills/ability and BMW driver full tit for his aggressive style of driving :)

Case closed.

Harold Shipman probably thought he wasn't doing anything wrong as the police hadn't spoken to him yet... :)
I thought you "were out". close the door on your way out.

Speaking as a m/cyclist he is riding in the gutter which encourages BMW to attempt overtaking manoeuvre. M/cyclist should be be riding in the centre of his lane.

What nobody appears to notice is that as they all approach a speed camera on the n/side (yellow box and speed markings on road) the vehicle in front of m/cyclist brakes causing the m/cycle to brake. With m/cyclist riding in the gutter this causes the BMW to drive/run alongside the m/cycle because BMW driver doesn’t brake for the camera probably because he didn’t see it.

M/cyclist then pulls across the carriageway taking a position in lane 2 presumably in an attempt to overtake the vehicle in front of him on the approach to the traffic lights. This results in the BMW driver staying in lane 1 and almost overtaking m/cycle at the junction. The m/cyclist fails to see the car in front turning right and slightly swerves to the nearside to take up his position in front of BMW, which at this point is travelling close behind.

M/cyclist stops in front on BMW for confrontation- not the best of ideas.

Conclusion m/cyclist 1/2 tit for his lack of riding skills/ability and BMW driver full tit for his aggressive style of driving :)

Case closed.
very much so though the reason he was so close to the left was that he turned onto the road which was a single lane when it was not appropriate to do so given the approaching van...
if he hadn't joined the single lane road at that point , no one would have tried to overtake him ... in either case , once on, it wasnt appropriate for the van and bmw to overtake

good spot re the speed camera !

the reason Scooterist went into lane 2 seems like it was specifically to get in front of the bmw ...

Maybe Mr Scooter wasn't going flat out, but that's his choice.
Mr BMW shouldn't have increased the dangers to Mr Scooter as he did.
Mr Scooter may have been right(ish) to be peed off, but was lucky not to be rotated a few times by his chin guard as he was returned toward his bike.

We all know that we should return to the left lane when there's no real need to not be there, but too often the impatient sods that take up a newly created gap don't let you out again if the nearside lane is disappearing ahead. So personally I wouldn't be over righteous about someone believing it is preferable and even safer to stay out there, especially in London. I wonder what excuse the little racer would have used had he met the rear n/s bumper of a car pulling in to the left.

In truth I'm not so sure the video shows much unusual regarding driving / riding practices, especially in London. I've been happy on more than one occasion when a passenger (co driver) has verbalised surprise and warned me of a whizzy banker I hadn't yet seen.
scooter joined the road from a give way when not appropriate to do so given the approaching van and bmw and it being a single lane at that point. I cant justify the driving of the van and bmw

Nobody is perfect.

Chill out.

Maybe don't post self righteous dashcam footage not expecting to get roasted ;)
hahaha , no chance. "you should be in the left lane " offends logic given the circumstance. I'm not taking that rubbish from anyone unfortunately :) how much of my life have I wasted replying though ! cost > benefit

very much so though the reason he was so close to the left was that he turned onto the road which was a single lane when it was not appropriate to do so given the approaching van...

scooter joined the road from a give way when not appropriate to do so

Are you 100% sure?

I can see a bike/scooter (front of traffic in overtake lane) at 24 seconds in the second video you posted.

Bike/scooter can also be seen through the gap between the car (BMW) and van at 49 seconds way before the junction, vehicles don't reach the junction till 55 seconds.

Are you 100% sure?

I can see a bike/scooter (front of traffic in overtake lane) at 24 seconds in the second video you posted.

Bike/scooter can also be seen through the gap between the car (BMW) and van at 49 seconds way before the junction, vehicles don't reach the junction till 55 seconds.
great observation, it is what my father in law mentioned to me because scooter had his indicator on , but actually , thinking about it , the scooter indicated left not to join the road but to perhaps go into the left lane perhaps before the two lanes merged into 1. makes sense thanks !

Stay in control at all times when your on a motorbike, theres no time for emotion, concentrate on what is around you. Fool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom