slight prob with my leather transplant w124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

michaelk3289

Car
2007 W211 E280 CDI Avantgarde
hi guys

as you may have read in an earlier post i have started to replace my cloth seats for leather

the only problem i have hit so far is on the front pax seat

i have the airbag option inplace of glove box, however i am guessing the donor car did not, when i took the old cloth seat out i had to disconect a red wire under the seat, (old and new seat are non electric) i would really like to keep the airbag function and turn light off on the dash,

any ideas

thanks

Michael,that cable is only for the seat belt light

Michael,that cable is only for the seat belt light

ah

that doesnt sound too good, why would my srs light be on then and what could it mean.

the car is going into wright tech tomoz for a lubrication service so maybe they can look into it, its only come on since i removed the pax seat

sounds like this is gonna cost me

i hope not but maybe be some were it was linked to a sensor for the passenger air bag
check the old seat for any other items or sensor that the new seat has not

also trace the wire you might find some thing

if not well then maybe it just a fault that need to be reset and its just coincidence that you were at the seats when it happened

From the seat belt latch there should be a cable that runs to the underside of the front seat. Toward the end of the run the single cable splits into two, one with a red connector and one with a black connector, there are two wires for each connector.
Both connectors need to be plugged into the corresponding connectors coming out of the floor by the left side front seat anchor bolt, otherwise the light will be on.

Do you have two connectors coming out of the floor, a red and a black one??

From the seat belt latch there should be a cable that runs to the underside of the front seat. Toward the end of the run the single cable splits into two, one with a red connector and one with a black connector, there are two wires for each connector.
Both connectors need to be plugged into the corresponding connectors coming out of the floor by the left side front seat anchor bolt, otherwise the light will be on.

Do you have two connectors coming out of the floor, a red and a black one??

i am pretty sure just a red one, i will have to take seat out again and look, i will also check my old seat but i only disconnected a red cable no a black one

will let you know how i get on, will prob be tomoz as i taking car in wright tech for a lube service, and a few other little issues

thanks

the car went in for a lubrication service today and a few other little bits

had Andy of wright tech look over the car to see what other probs there might be lurking underneath, and im surprised and pleased that there's not too much wrong with the old beast, could do with some new front wheel bearings and new windscreen wiper which i have but aint fitted yet and before next MOT new rear brake pads, will also need gearbox service and brake fluid within the next year, i know it sounds alot but i am pleased with that i though there would be loads of issues!!!!!

back to the seat issue, andy also looked over the seat and confirmed there is a black cable attached to the seat belt stalk so i need to transfer the seat buckles from old seats to leather ones, shouldnt be too much hassle

When doing the rear pads make sure you check the handbrake shoes. They are inside the drum on the rear wheels. Frequently neglected and can be in a terrible state. The ones on ours were completely shot when we got the car. Well worth doing when you are working in that area anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom