Slight rattle on accelleration..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MoCLK

Car
CLK Sport 220 CDi W209
Notice today that I can hear a slight rattle when I rev the car.

Being the car hypochondriac that I am, worried as I've only had the car a few months.. Any ideas what I should ask the mechanics to check first? Could it be just an exhaust bracket?

Car has done just under 69k and I read from other posts, it could be the cat, which plays up at around 70k?

Thanks

Rattle could be one of a million things. Don't worry too much as I'm sure you'll find out what it is soon. Must admit I'm a bit of a hypochondriac myself and worry about every little thing. Cheers, Tony.

Try listening with engine running and engine bay open, use a range of revs and if auto put in drive with hand brake on and all lights and A/C etc, you should get an idea of where the offending rattle is, you might even get an extra one you hadn't noticed before....!

If the rattle is there while driving try notice if its on gear change, high or low rev or bumpy road etc etc

Best of luck...

Notice today that I can hear a slight rattle when I rev the car.

Being the car hypochondriac that I am, worried as I've only had the car a few months.. Any ideas what I should ask the mechanics to check first? Could it be just an exhaust bracket?

Car has done just under 69k and I read from other posts, it could be the cat, which plays up at around 70k?

Thanks

As above could be anything, but this time of the year diesel knock, are you putting in supermarket fuel? is so try Stanadyne performance formula just Google it, I have always used on my diesel cars, and they always drive a dream with this additive and shell nitro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom