Slight vibration advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Funkyboy

Car
E class
Hi All,

I'm a month into Mercedes ownership (E250) I've noticed that when car is cruising at low revs and you start to gently accelerate so engine comes under some load I can feel a slight vibration through floor and drivers seat. Nothing through pedals or steering wheel. Anyone any idea what this may be? Car is two years old with 13k miles.

Thanks

I would check the engine and transmission mounts

Have same situation with my 2 year 20k c220.
Vibrations at idle and acceleration.

Just had transmission mount changed. Didnt fix it.

Going back in this week. Gonna insist engine mounts changed.

I would focus at torque converter.how it changes the gear smooth or hard??

As above, torque converter could be the culprit.

Or DUAL MASS FLYWHEEL If the car is stop / start it may have already done the equivalent of 3 + times the mileage in terms of engine starts/stops. Design may have been beefed up of course.

Or DUAL MASS FLYWHEEL If the car is stop / start it may have already done the equivalent of 3 + times the mileage in terms of engine starts/stops. Design may have been beefed up of course.

Flywheel in an auto? (assuming it's an auto)

I would focus at torque converter.how it changes the gear smooth or hard??

Gear changes seem fine it's more when engine comes under load.

Prop shaft at wrong angle, due to say suspension fatigue could cause this. Mb have the tools to test the angle and adjust.

Sounds like the lock up clutch slipping in torque converter, but on a two year old car with hardly any miles?

Have same situation with my 2 year 20k c220.
Vibrations at idle and acceleration.

Just had transmission mount changed. Didnt fix it.

Going back in this week. Gonna insist engine mounts changed.

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Although its an auto it has a spider plate for the starting of the motor. The 5the gear bearing in the transmissions is known to fail and the symptoms are a vibration at low speeds and at idle. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom