Slightly deranged brilliance. :-)

Discussion in 'Spotted on eBay!' started by Big Dan, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Big Dan

Big Dan Active Member

Car:
    1996 C280 Elegance W202
    4 people like this.
  2. The G.F.P

The G.F.P MB Enthusiast

what moron buys a car without seeing it?

when i bought GFP 2 & 4 i told the owners (birmingham & bournemouth) that as i cant get down there would they bring the car for me to look at and they both said yes, i checked the car over, a friend took it for a test drive and then we agreed a deal and they brought the car back a few days later for a cash deal

also this is how i bought my 2nd clio and my mums colt that i bought her last year

if they are a decent company they will bring the car to you, i always say ill pay their petrol costs even if i dont buy the car but ive bought 4 out of 4 who did this

to pay for a car and then have it delivered is utterly stupid

3. SPX

SPX MB Club Veteran

Car:
    That one
    Although these people are obviously rip off merchants, I wouldn't buy a car without seeing it.

4. Dieselman

Dieselman Banned

Car:
    Peugeot 403 Convertible
    Umm... the last two I bought were just like that...:rolleyes:

5. Colin_b

Colin_b MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C250CDI (C320CDI & SLK350, Sold) & the Trusty Citigo
    I bought an SLK from an MB dealer unseen. The illegally bald ditchfinders and lack of service history meant it got sent back.

6. E CLASS

E CLASS Active Member

He bought a quarter of a million mile wreck and could not be bothered to drive just 100 odd miles???

He clearly knew nothing about these cars - rust / running costs etc...

Sorry but he's only himself to blame.

I often google sellers of items to see what the chat is with them - be it 'obscure' shops / outlets etc..

However that garage sounds simply awful.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  7. mercboiuk

mercboiuk MB Enthusiast

Car:
    1995 E320 Coupe
    My parents have done the same as other members, regarding this.
    6 of their last 8 cars they purchased unseen.

It's fine as long as you make it absolutely clear that the car is 100% as described, otherwise you'll reject it :)

Darren

8. John

John Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    I wish.
    I think there is a clear split when buying remotely.

If you are buying from a main dealer remotely, which I have done before, you know you will have redress should the car not be exactly as described.

If you are buying from any other source, if you buy it without seeing it, I think you open yourself up quite happily to this potential nightmare.

It's bad enough buying from (potentially bent) non-franchised dealers and private sellers, let alone trusting them when you don't even know them.

Whilst I empathise with his situation, he should have got off his **** and found a better example and gone and looked at iit.

1 person likes this.
  9. 312 Sprinter

312 Sprinter Active Member

I almost feel sorry for that car......

10. NW_Merc

NW_Merc Banned

Car:
    1994 Mercedes C180 classic
    I dont understand, if he didnt accept the car or didnt agree the car was in a driveable condition, why not give it back. As he says in the advert, allegedly the car was clocked, so the mileage doesnt match some documentation which is evidence which strengthens the buyers case.

Methinks something is amiss.

11. 350_Coupe

350_Coupe Active Member

Car:
    2005 C350 Coupe SE
    mileage miss-match is not illegal, as items can be replaced for genuine reasons, such as component failure int he odometer....

however... issuing an MOT pass certificate with
    IS enough to have their MOT license removed if there is enough of it on the lens, and looking at that there is, also the seat collapse thing would be enough to cause concern at MOT time.

Whilst dodgy car sellers like this can ignore court orders to pay fines, and trading standards stuff as well sometimes, the law seems toothless to punish them, in reality Mr Singh should find himself deported back to where ever he came from for not living within the laws of this country.

yeah, hardly the cars fault, but the only person going to consider putting that back on the road is someone with a friend that owns a breakers yard, and who is capable of doing all the work themselves !

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  12. Dieselman

Dieselman Banned

Car:
    Peugeot 403 Convertible
    Mine were a bit worse than that.
    One is rusty and was leaking hydraulic fluid, the other had a blown head gasket and didn't exist as far as DVLA were aware...

I kept them...:D

If that E320Cdi was closer, I'd probably buy that too..it's got a blown exhaust, knackered water pump so low coolant level and is a bit tatty...

It would be a good buy for someone with mechanical ability.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011