Slightly off topic...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

evdok

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 330D xDRIVE M/SPORT INDIVIDUAL
Our Miele washing machine refused to suck in the fabric conditioner due to the jets been blocked, i removed the part several times but could only clean part of it as it was a sealed unit. As we had breakdown cover i gave DG a call & they sent a Miele engineer out, the technique he used to unblock the jets was so simple i can now do it once a month to keep them free from cr*p.

So simple yet so affective

1) remove detergent tray
2) Wrap a tea towel around your arm
3) insert arm into tray space
4) start machine in 'rince' & using your thumb & index finger block the main big jets at the back, this will force to unblock the rest of the jets.

The above works for our Miele machine, other makes may vary the technique but im sure you'll get the idea.

Any one tried the above yet?, just curious;)

Tried that having a jib to tipe on arm isss stuck in washin machin

This is just a personal comment.

I once bought both a Miele dishwasher and later on, a Miele washing machine working on the principle that buying the most expensive would work out cheapest in the long run.
Not so. Both broke down just outside their respective warranty periods and would a have cost more to fix than to replace with a "standard" models from other manufacturers.
I have now got Bosch for both. Less than half the cost of Miele and both more reliable by a long stretch.

I have a MIELE washing machine & dryer, had washer for 6years with not a single problem, dryer had for 3 years again not a single problem, the blocked holes issue is down to the bad quality water in our area.

This is just a personal comment.

I once bought both a Miele dishwasher and later on, a Miele washing machine working on the principle that buying the most expensive would work out cheapest in the long run.
Not so. Both broke down just outside their respective warranty periods and would a have cost more to fix than to replace with a "standard" models from other manufacturers.
I have now got Bosch for both. Less than half the cost of Miele and both more reliable by a long stretch.

I always use Bosch for Washing machines and dishwashers - 100% reliable.

I use Miele for Vacuum cleaners - again work really well and 100% reliable.

:thumb:

funny that as i was reading some reviews on MIELE hoovers & was not that impressed.

I think sometimes is really down to a little bit of luck whether you get a machine that will last and last - or one that will only return an average lifespan.
A friend of mine swears on AEG products, and another chum only buys Neff.

Currently I have Bosch Washing machine and dishwasher, a Hotpoint fridge/freezer, a Crusader tumble dryer, a Panasonic microwave, Phillips Whirlpool hob and oven, 2 LG LCD televisions and of course a Mercedes motor car.

iphone?

I have a 20+ year old Zanussi washing machine.

I purposely bought one with a simple rotary dial and no fancy electronic menu and on the few times it has had a problem it has always been a simple DIY repair.

I changed the main bearings the year before last which isnt a job for the faint hearted but with a bit of luck I'll get another 10 years or more out of it.

Most washing machines (regardless of brand) have exactly the same internal components.

We got a Miele washing machine (comet ex-display) figuring it was better to have the bottom of a top brand rather than the top of a not so good brand.
Fortunately it came with a 5 year warranty.
3 breakdowns so far

I send the Mrs down to the river with my skiddy bundies!

They come back clean, but I think the wildlife downstream takes a beating....

S

Where have the days gone when you used to forget when the last time you charged your phone, now you have to carry a charger with your phone:crazy:

... or just don't use fabric conditioner in the first place...

Yet another marketing con.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom