Slippery Slope...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

timskemp

MB Enthusiast
Car
W213 E220d
I knew it would happen.

I needed a hands free kit. I couldn't bring myself to spend Comand money. I get an aftermarket head unit. With bluetooth. And ipod.

I spend a few days really happy then think... this needs more bass...

Then it happens - I buy a sub. And an amp.

Anyone got any pictures of how to get cables from the headunit to the boot in a W211???

It'll be a speaker upgrade next. Dammit...

Amps are the way forward my friend - im current owner of 1000w Amp & 1400w Sub :)

I know... I did it to my A class (Alpine components front and rear, Alpine 9812RB head, 8" Sony Sub that only took about 1/4 of the boot) and it was great...

Lol...I ended up with no back seats in the SL :D

In the days of my youth I had to upgrade the rear suspension in a car to accomodate the ICE:eek:

I had a Golf with loads of Rockford Foasgate stuff, all behind original speaker covers so no one could tell :) Ran the power cables and speaker cables seperatly to the front of the car. Gold plated Cables etc etc spent a small fortune...

Did sound really good though very clear (I like Dire Straits) but also Bass if you wanted it.

I'm tempted to start attacking the ML :) :)

In the car? :eek:
Have you got a public performance licence as well?

Ahhh well, in order of sound pressure from loudest down there are:

RMS watts, DIN watts, Peak watts, In Care Entertainment watts and Computer Speaker Watts.

Watts can be advertised in many ways.

My Rockford fosgate amp was rated from memory at 4*25W although this was running 4 component speakers and bridged to run a Sub in a box. This set up was much louder and clearer than a head unit stated at 4 * 25W

:)

This set up was much louder and clearer than a head unit stated at 4 * 25W
It's almost certain that the HU won't have been in RMS.

The internal amp in the SL's head unit is switched off, instead the go is provided by an Alpine PDX, 4x150 :D

The Civic is worse...2 Audison amps, 5 channels, 1100w RMS total :devil:

HI,

Curious as what after market headunit you got? I didn't know there were any for the W211.

Any chance of some pics?

HI,

Curious as what after market headunit you got? I didn't know there were any for the W211.

Any chance of some pics?

I've got a Kenwood - you can fit anything you like, it's a matter of wiring. Easier if you don't have an AGW.

I knew it would happen.

I needed a hands free kit. I couldn't bring myself to spend Comand money. I get an aftermarket head unit. With bluetooth. And ipod.

I spend a few days really happy then think... this needs more bass...

Then it happens - I buy a sub. And an amp.

Anyone got any pictures of how to get cables from the headunit to the boot in a W211???

It'll be a speaker upgrade next. Dammit...

Getting back to your original question.....

It's a bit fiddly to run the wires, needs a bit of patience I'm affraid.

The first thing you need to do is remove the panel below the dash on the passenger side. Then the kick panel in the foot well and the internal sill trims. This will allow you to run the cables to the rear of the cabin. It's usually a good idea to pop the head unit out too so you can get your hand in behind it. You will probably have to remove the rear seat squab to get them through to the boot. I don't have any pictures but if you take your time you shouldn't need any. Hope this helps.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom