Slk 172 Rear Bumper Popped out Help needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marv

Car
Slk250
Hi All,

Unfortunately i am on this forum because today i reversed my slk 172 into a two foot post... Big crunch, luckily no cracks i can see from the outside.

The damage:
Rear right side has popped out and has left a gap between the bodywork and light, have paint missing as well which can be sorted.

The question:
Will i be looking at a new bumper? Or is this fixable? Looked for second hand rear light but seem rare other then a visit to the stealers.

All help appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 24
Pic 2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 20
Pic 3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 10
Pic 4

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 11
Looks repairable so hopefully not as bad as it seems

Lets hope so... E-class cab we had was driven into a post and the repair was around 3,8k didn't look much worse then this one but was front end. Not done my me i must say, first scrape I've had and nearly cried.. F you 2foot post! Anyone rough idea on price of fixing ball park figure?

If the bumper just needs fitting back in and a local paint repair you would only be looking at £150 max plus the cost of a new light from you local dealer

Thanks barry, do i need to stop rain getting in? As the guy i phoned has a 3week wait for paintwork

Not with regards to the bumper but yes of the light has a hole, should be ok but better to be safe then sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom