slk 200 55 plate autobox issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pricega1

Car
2014 SLK 200
Hi there, haven't posted for yonks but now have a problem with my 55 plate SLK 200. Driving home recently coming up to a roundabout and the car lurched forward. i noticed that the gearbox c/s selctor button would not work and the car semed to be stuck in gear. This has happened before. However, stopping, turning the ignition off and on again seemed o reset whatever was wrong and ff you go again. this time though, no mount of ignition off/ on would 'reset' it. Any idea what's wrong?

Not the same car but the lurching I had in my previous car (Saab auto) strangely when coming up to a roundabout was caused by duff fluid and was much improved after a change.

Do you know when yours was last done?

Hmm, only 2 years should be alright - unless there is a leak.

Not sure about getting stuck - the fluid caused 'snatching' in my Saab.

I've only had an auto not change up into 5th, and eventually 4th, when the ATF cooling wasn't working properly.

Stuck in one gear might be something to do with the battery or another cause.

I would take it in to have it checked out.

Took it to a local independant Merc/BMW outfit this morning. the chap put the diagnostic machine on it and it turned out to be the speed sensor in the gearbox. £296 + labour + VAT. Alot better than £1000 he originally thought it might be. He had another Merc in with the same problem that needed the valve plus the electronics (comes as one bit in a large box) which cost the £1000.

That's not too bad then.

Merc bills are usually cringeworthy.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom