SLK 200 Kompressor Full Valet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adam87

Car
C200 Sport
03 SLK 200 Kompressor

Used and abused, regularly driven down muddy, dusty lanes to get to the owners horses.

Just a Full Valet to improve the appearance of the car.

Before and After pics

SAM_4477c.jpg

SAM_4497c.jpg

SAM_4475c.jpg

SAM_4498c.jpg

SAM_4485c.jpg

SAM_4499c.jpg

SAM_4478c.jpg

SAM_4490c.jpg

SAM_4480c.jpg

SAM_4492c.jpg

SAM_4483c.jpg

SAM_4494c.jpg

SAM_4476c.jpg

SAM_4489c.jpg

SAM_4481c.jpg

SAM_4493c.jpg

SAM_4486c.jpg

SAM_4496c.jpg

SAM_4488c.jpg

Exhaust had been sprayed black at somepoint so I left it alone if you're wondering where the shiney tip is.

Adam :)

That looks fantastic Adam. :thumb:

I love that interior, it suits the SLK very well.

wow, what a transformation. Its amazing what a bit of elbow grease can achieve. Now to motivate myself!!

Nice job, engine looks fantastic. Shame about the exhaust tip...:p

That is 4 hours of good work!

It takes me at least an hour to do the wheels, foam, rinse, 2 BM wash and dry.

I guess when your doing it for a living you learn to do it quickly and have to put your all into it.

4 hours - wow, speedy work , and also a great job

That is 4 hours of good work!

It takes me at least an hour to do the wheels, foam, rinse, 2 BM wash and dry.

I guess when your doing it for a living you learn to do it quickly and have to put your all into it.

Did take over an hour to wash it, wheels and arches were 5-10 minutes each, All the door shuts were another 10-15 minutes, engine area took about 20 minutes, then pre washed bodywork. Washed the roof, windscreen, bonnet and one side of the car before rinsing and drying those panels and then doing the rest due to the sun shining down. This took another 25-30 minutes.

Then once everything outside was clean I started hoovering the interior, removing all the mats, using various brushes to dust tight areas. After hoovering everything was wiped over with all purpose cleaner, tougher stains were scrubbed with a stiff brush. To hoover and wipe down the interior took another hour or so. Putting the roof down aswell to clean behind the head rests and the roof seals. Mats were hoovered and scrubbed then placed back in the car.

Tyres and Arches were then dressed, 5 minutes.

The bodywork was then hand polished taking about 30 minutes to apply and buff off.

Door shuts were then treated with a spray polish to remove any water marks, smears or dust from polishing, 5 - 10 minutes

Glass was cleaned inside and out, 10 - 15 minutes.

Keys then handed to the owner

Thats a basic break down of what I did. Times are only rough, I didn't have a stopwatch :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Adam,

What a transformation, and I can't believe you did it in such a short space of time. I clearly need to change my technique as it takes me nearly that long just to wash MrsP's SLK! Nice one, thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
MarkP

good job love how the engine bay turned out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom