SLK 200 noise from rear passenger side roof or boot area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

acer54

Car
SLK 200
Over the last couple of days I've noticed a noise from the rear passenger side roof or boot area.
Previously I had the dreaded boot rattle when going over a bump or on an uneven road but sorted it by adjusting the adjusters on the boot lid.
This is a different problem it can be heard usually when accelerating or revving the engine so I think its a vibration issue that's causing the noise.
Any help would be greatly appreciated in solving this very annoying problem.:confused:

Last edited:
HI
Sorry I can't help with your issue, but I am hoping you can help me???
I have the dreaded boot rattle, it is putting me off even using the car!!!! How do I adjust the adjusters?? Please help me:(

HI
Sorry I can't help with your issue, but I am hoping you can help me???
I have the dreaded boot rattle, it is putting me off even using the car!!!! How do I adjust the adjusters?? Please help me:(

At about the middle of the boot lid at each side you will see two black plastic adjusters with graduated marks above them, whichever side of the boot is rattling when you go over a bump in the road should be adjusted.
Mine was rattling on the passenger side and I noticed that the two adjusters were not exactly the same so I adjusted the passenger side the same as the drivers side and no more rattling.
Also make sure your seat belt that is not been used is stowed on the seat not down the side.
Hope this helps you ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom